Manager II, Compliance Risk and DiligenceJob ID 20000480 Washington D.C., District of Columbia Apply now
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps and part of the Governance, Risk, Investigations and Disputes business unit, is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security, and data and information management services.
Through a combination of in-depth subject matter expertise, global research capabilities and flexible technology tools, the Compliance Risk and Diligence practice of Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, helps clients take a risk-based approach toward meeting obligations or remediating failures regarding anti-bribery, anti-corruption and related regulatory mandates. These include pre-transactional intelligence; vendor, supplier and distributor due diligence; vendor management platform; leadership/executive vetting; sanctions screening and monitoring; country/industry risk; and bespoke inquiries.
The Manager (Crypto Investigation and Monitoring Specialist) is responsible for managing various operations regarding the prevention, monitoring and investigation services involving cryptocurrency. You will work with executives across various lines of business on complex, multi-million-dollar projects to deliver best in technology and intelligence gathering best practices.
Broad knowledge and experience in financial crimes, strategy development, and consulting are a key component to this role. You will demonstrate extraordinary organizational, leadership, and cross-functional communication skills to drive detection and prevention best practices across the enterprise.
You will be accountable for overseeing service offerings that identify and potentially mitigate fraudulent risks and behaviors associated with illicit activity involving cryptocurrency and digital assets. Understanding of both cryptocurrency and illicit/fraudulent crimes or schemes is a must; a deeper technical understanding of the topics is even better. The services you will oversee will have significant impact on how the firm protects our clients as it relates to identifying illicit/fraudulent activities. You will serve as the primary contact to senior department leaders and be able to communicate, influence, and negotiate both vertically and horizontally to obtain or leverage necessary resources.
You will work closely with fraud, compliance, investigation, engineering, legal, policy, and communications teams across the enterprise to develop new processes that cut across the enterprise to proactively reduce our client’s exposure to fraud stemming from cryptocurrencies. You will be expected to work full-time on the client site(s) within the Greater Washington D.C. region (to include Southern Maryland, or Northern Virginia if applicable.)
- 3+ years of work experience in an Analyst role or equivalent
- Background in Economics, Finance, Business, Intelligence, and/or Mathematics
- Excellent data analysis skills, including advanced spreadsheet expertise
- Experience with managing large, unstructured datasets
- Knowledge and understanding of the cryptocurrency market, who the major players are and what the next trends will be
- A passion for research and uncovering the unknown about cryptocurrency actors and threats
- Investigative analysis and tracing of assets with an understanding of financial fraud
- Being a self-starter and a self-directed team player who is well-versed the domains of agile processes and continuous improvement
- Proactively following and contributing understanding of the cryptocurrency landscape and conducting research on the latest trends
- Ability to communicate and train others
- Must be comfortable delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding
- Ensure thoroughness and accuracy when leading the team in accomplishing tasks
Professional Designations (preferred not required):
- Certified Bitcoin Professional (CBP)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Foreign language capabilities to include but not limited to Russian, Chinese, or Arabic, particularly reading and writing
- Ability to multitask while in a fast environment while still operating with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience with programming or scripting languages such as Python or SQL
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
You will be required to successfully pass a background investigation with specific client requirements.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
- Associate Manager, Compliance Risk and Diligence Hong Kong, Central and Western District
- Associate Vice President, Business Intelligence and Investigations Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality
- Associate, Compliance Risk and Diligence Hong Kong, Central and Western District
- Associate, Business Intelligence and Investigations San Francisco, California
Explore Your Potential
Promote Program at Duff & Phelps
From investigations to compliance to cyber security, we provide services for organizations at every stage of their challenges.
How do we give our clients peace of mind? At Duff & Phelps, our disciplined thought process helps us dig deep to challenge assumptions.
Growth and You at Duff & Phelps
Our approach to ongoing education includes formal training curriculum and on-the-job learning.
Network of Women
Since 2012, Duff & Phelps' Network of Women (NOW) attracts, develops and retains women at all levels of the firm.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.