Associate, Data Insights and ForensicsJob ID 21004112 Washington D.C., District of Columbia Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity, not just answers, in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Our Data Insights & Forensics professionals are experienced advisors built on Kroll’s DNA of risk and investigations. Traditional technologists (forensics, data analysis, discovery) and data scientists converge with globally experienced fact-finding professionals to provide clients with unparalleled end-to-end technology, data analytics, and integrity solutions throughout the Compliance, Investigation and Litigation lifecycle.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
The Associate, focusing on litigation advisory, will work as part of the global Data Insights and Forensics practice. This role involves the ability to assist global teams in collaborative problem solving through all aspects of a project, as well as supporting our clients with expert advisory regarding data solutions. It also requires the individual to assist leadership to grow existing and build new client relationships and to bring their technical and commercial expertise to shape the future of our practice. A fundamental understanding of structured and unstructured data analysis, and the correlation between the two is paramount. Additionally, learning about various AI technologies and applying these to our client requirements.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide consulting and expertise to our clients on technical and case management needs related to structured and unstructured data. Tasks may include applying advanced technology solutions to design customized workflows to address complex data sets. The position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, electrifying environment to meet critical client deadlines.
Our Kroll Data Insights and Forensics team understands that all projects require customized solutions. Our experienced professionals design efficient workflows, proactively identify and mitigate risk, apply quality control checkpoints, solve technological challenges, and provide cost-effective solutions tailored for specific projects.
Example areas of work will include fraud, bribery and corruption, sanctions, money laundering, data governance and privacy, market abuse, insider trading, compliance and much more.
- Collaborating creatively with Kroll colleagues to create cross-functional value-add solutions with advanced technology solutions, data, and analytics components
- Supporting research and development of products used on a range of projects
- Attending project scoping calls and contributing to daily project management of client projects
- Extensive client contact and opportunity to manage client relationships and projects
- Designing workflows to address complex data challenges
- Technology and case consulting
- Preparing project reports, presentations, marketing pitches, visualizations, and technical documentation
- Helping clients drive business-led and technology-enabled transformation across a broad range of business issues
- Understanding and documenting clients’ business processes and requirements, performing root cause analyses, developing business cases, and gathering information
- Taking full responsibility for tasks including consistent self-review of work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products, while working under supervision
- Growing lasting relationships with our clients, understanding their needs, and consistently delivering quality client services
- Monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Bringing a strategic mindset and structured approach to problem solving, motivated by intellectual curiosity
- Conducting guided quantitative and qualitative analysis using tech-enabled tools to form insights
- Developing an understanding of professional services, technology, and the broader business environment
- Communicating your ideas with poise to stakeholders through effective written and oral communication
- Managing deliverables with self-direction and a commitment to quality
- Investing in the professional development of yourself and your team members with enthusiasm
- Developing specific technology skills relevant to engagement and project work
- Continuously updating your understanding of current business and industry trends
- Managing and processing discovery productions from various litigation review platforms such as Reveal, Relativity, eZReview, Concordance, Summation
- Data Review Management Consulting in ESI analyst, Nuix Discover, eZReview, Reveal, Relativity, Concordance, Summation, or other TAR ESI tools, including executing tasks to support corporate or law firm clients as assigned by senior team members
- Troubleshooting data compatibility issues
- Performing detailed analyses of relevant data, with recommendations as appropriate; use creative problem-solving skills
- Identifying essential facts; summarize case information
- Expected to undertake other duties as assigned, including out-of-state travel lasting up to 2 weeks per trip
- This position requires travel to client sites and Kroll offices.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ work experience with data management, data analytics, forensics, AI/TAR, electronic discovery and/or technology related role
- B.Sc./B.A., Paralegal Certificate, or commensurate work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Operating System
- Big 4 or global consulting firm experience preferred
- Data Privacy Certification such as IAPP CIPT or CIPM
- Forensics Certification (EnCase/FTK)
- 1 -2 years related experience in litigation support services
- Experience with Nuix Discover, eZReview, Reveal, Relativity, Concordance, Summation, ESI Analyst or other TAR ESI tools
- Knowledge of and experience with managing, processing, and converting electronically stored information ("ESI")
- Experience processing discovery productions from various litigation review platforms and importing to Nuix Discover, eZReview, Reveal, Relativity
- Knowledge of Python, SQL
- Working knowledge of a broad range of software programs and file formats, and the ability to successfully troubleshoot data compatibility issues
- Ability to think analytically and critically
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems while exhibiting good judgment
- Commitment to producing high quality analysis
- Able to create letters, tables, and memoranda in Word using available templates
- Internet research skills including knowledge of search engines, key word searches, and electronic resources
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and respond appropriately to unexpected delays or schedule changes
- Ability to operate independently, using independent judgment and discretion in analyses
- Commitments to providing professional services and have strong team orientation
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and set goals
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
- Strong logical reasoning skills
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Kroll is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
All employees must comply with Kroll’s mandatory vaccination policy, subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Senior Associate, Cyber Risk Japan
- Vice President, Mergers & Acquisitions Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Junior Software Engineer Hyderabad, India
- Senior Associate - Finance, Kroll Government Solutions New York, New York, United States