Senior Network Engineer IIJob ID 21004096 United States Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
The Network Engineer II will play a key role in the global network operations including support, implementation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and documentation. Focus will be on supporting day to day network operations, systems and network capacity, redundancy, high availability, implementation of network best practices and technologies while maintaining performance for critical applications. The position will work as part of a team, coordinating closely with the Global Network team and local IT team. Additionally, the Network Engineer II will serve as a technical advisor for other projects and networks.
- Network operations support, integrations, implementation and maintenance of highly available, multi-use, and redundant LAN and WAN infrastructure utilizing fiber optics, copper, wireless, and leased-line services.
- 25% global travel to assist with IT initiatives including office relocations, acquisition integrations, and network projects.
- First line of support for all network related incidents
- Administration of Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls, network monitoring tools.
- Administration of network and system monitoring tools including SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor.
- Maintain network policies and have knowledge of current security best practices and tools for a highly secure and available production environment.
- Network systems planning and diagramming (Visio) for documentation.
- Validates overall network health, performance, availability, security, redundancy, and business continuity.
- Maintains up-to-date documentation on network infrastructure diagrams, procedures, and policies.
- Installs and configures network equipment and software to meet business needs. Documents the solution for ongoing support.
- Functions as part of a team on larger projects, or individually provides the services on support visits or smaller projects.
- Provides Tier 2 support for the Enterprise network; including switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs, Wi-Fi, routing protocols (EIGRP and BGP), monitoring and reporting applications etc.
- Works with the Network Engineering team on network projects and other projects that are in process or planned.
- Excellent interpersonal and documentation skills required
- Work with telecom providers to manage existing telecommunication circuits, troubleshoot outages, and install service upgrades.
- Experience with formal change management process including development of change management plan for production upgrades.
- Minimum 7 years of experience providing network support, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting for a medium to large network environment
- Must have a strong understanding of Enterprise networks, networking best practices, and have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong technical experience in 24x7 production environments.
- Hands on experience with Cisco networking products, SD WAN, ISE.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Server Operating Systems and Microsoft Active Directory architecture.
- Strong research, technical writing, analytical and communication skills, including ability to present concepts verbally.
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively and collaboratively as part of a team environment.
- Cisco CCNP, CCNP Security, or CCDP certification preferable.
- Up to 25 % domestic and International travel required.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.jobs
Kroll is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability
All employees must comply with Kroll’s mandatory vaccination policy, subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Vice President, Cyber Risk United Kingdom, London, United Kingdom
- Associate, Compliance Risk and Diligence Chicago, Illinois, United States
- Associate, Compliance Risk and Diligence Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States
- Senior Manager, Business Development , Compliance Consulting Los Angeles, California, United States