Working at Kroll has the best of everything. You get to work on a diverse portfolio of clients from top tier investment banks to small boutique hedge funds. While Kroll continues to thrive and grow as a global firm, we still manage to retain a strong sense of family and closeness, and the people at Kroll are truly and genuinely great people to work with.
Senior Manager, Business Development , Compliance ConsultingUnited States; Boston, Massachusetts; Chicago, Illinois; New York, New York; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Washington D.C., District of Columbia
What makes a successful Compliance and Regulatory Consulting employee at Kroll? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Relationship expertise
- Deadline oriented
Kroll offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Analyst leads to Senior Associate
Senior Associate leads to Vice President
Vice President leads to Director
Director leads to Managing Director
Managing Director ends this path
Ongoing training and development opportunities at all levels of the firm through programs such as Kroll University, The Promote Program and Network of Women.
As a global firm, our benefits vary by country.
Our offices around the globe offer easy access to public transportation, dining, shopping, gyms and many other convenient options.
DescriptionJob ID 21006669 United States; Boston, Massachusetts; Chicago, Illinois; New York, New York; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Washington D.C., District of Columbia Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll’ Financial Services Compliance and Regulation (FSCR) team provides expert compliance support for a variety of firms including hedge funds, private equity firms, wealth managers and broker dealers. Our new hires receive world-class training, outstanding benefits, strong career progression, competitive salaries and relocation assistance when applicable.
This Senior Manager, Business Development, Compliance Consulting position is an opportunity for a successful candidate to join a dynamic, focused, and successful team bringing a suite of best-in-class services and solutions to our Worldwide client base. The successful candidate will operate as the lead point of contact for matters specific to business development and provide broader business development support to the Kroll FSCR team. The successful candidate shall also work alongside commercial leaders within the wider Governance and Risk Advisory (GRA) Business, including the Chief Revenue Officer and the Head of Commercial Operations to realize efficiencies and coordinate on business development strategies.
The core responsibilities are to acquire new client relationships and support the Managing Directors with managing newly acquired clients as part of regional team objectives and drive new revenue in key territories of Kroll FSCR. This position will work within the FSCR division in US to drive/lead complex, multi-year sales opportunities to sell the FSCR solutions in key territories. The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving revenue from new clients. This candidate will also produce and coordinate thought leadership materials, engagement letters and play a central role in organizing Kroll events for clients and partners to attend in support of the GRA Marketing function.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- Support the FSCR team to develop and implement sales strategies and processes to drive revenue. Support delivery of strategic business development initiatives which will evolve and adapt across the financial year. Draft engagement letters and liaise with internal legal counsel when onboarding new clients.
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales targets.
- Develop and execute sales campaigns which drive revenue and increase market and consumer awareness for the overall suite of services offered.
- Cold call to secure appointments, gather information on customer needs, position and prove out Kroll FSCR’s products to solve customer business issues; manage client expectations, overcome objections, and with Managing Directors, negotiate pricing and contracts, and close the sale.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Kroll FSCR Services, Products pricing, administrative procedures, and organization to effectively answer clients’ questions or implement solutions in a timely fashion. Use this knowledge to help increase the value and adoption of our solutions by the client.
- Build relationships and engage in activity designed to generate qualified leads within the primary target market, which will then be closed by Kroll Managing Directors with direct support from the business developer.
- Receive, review, and analyze RFPs and large opportunity proposals, and coordinate and delegate responsibilities with colleagues as well as other internal departments. Oversee the RFP management process and coordinate with the various RFP teams on a timely submission.
- Play a leading role in drafting, editing and publishing FSCR thought leadership materials such as white papers, short articles, interviews and other content. Liaise with marketing to ensure timely delivery of high-quality deliverables and maintain pipeline of content to be published.
- Support the team with creation of strategic account plans, assess revenue potential and identify at risk revenue. Provide timely and proactive input to ongoing development of account plans to assess opportunities, threats and weaknesses. Outline targeted activities to penetrate your client base aimed at revenue retention as well as growth. Project manage all resources necessary to implement these plans.
- Maintain a current understanding of competitors’ offerings and industry/market trends.
- Support forecasting and pipeline reports to ensure clear reporting of forthcoming opportunities, plus the associated timescales via Kroll’s CRM system. Use Salesforce to manage status updates, priorities, and next steps.
- Attend external industry events and conferences to network with potential clients and uncover new industry trends. Play a pivotal role in organizing and coordinating Kroll events to showcase our services to potential clients and allow FSCR colleagues to network with key industry players.
- BS/BA or equivalent in Business or Marketing or relevant business development experience
- Minimum of 6-year work experience in a B2B environment, ideally in the Compliance industry.
- Proven experience in coordinating and writing proposals and RFI/RFP response documents.
- Must have proven revenue generation experience.
- Demonstrable strong ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
- Skills required include strong organizational ability, through tasks prioritization and effective time management.
- Event organization experience strongly preferred.
- Enthusiasm, passion and a commitment to mutually successful outcomes for the client and Kroll are a must!
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
- Software Release Specialist, Application Process Automation Washington D.C., District of Columbia, United States
- Analyst, Valuation Services Mexico City, Mexico
- Director, Project Management Office New York, New York, United States, Chicago, Illinois, United States, Morristown, New Jersey, United States
- Analyst, Portfolio Valuation San Francisco, California, United States