Managing Director, Portfolio ValuationJob ID 21005744 United States; New York, New York; Boston, Massachusetts; Washington D.C., District of Columbia; Atlanta, Georgia; Chicago, Illinois; Dallas, Texas; Houston, Texas; Los Angeles, California; San Francisco, California Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
As a market leader in providing illiquid portfolio pricing valuation, our Portfolio Valuation professionals assist clients in the valuation of alternative investments, specifically for securities and positions for which there are no "active market" quotations available.
Job can be located in the following locations: New York, Boston, Washington DC, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles or San Francisco. We may also consider other locations.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
Managing Directors will provide a range of valuation advisory services specifically to private equity and hedge fund clients in assisting those clients with valuation issues surrounding their alternative investment positions. Managing Directors will also provide a range of valuation advisory services to our clients; underlying portfolio companies including business enterprise valuations, purchase price allocations and stock option valuations.
- Designing financial models for discounted cash flow, market multiple, market transaction and option pricing analyses
- Performing valuation analysis on a wide range of illiquid investments broadly distributed across industries and geographies while using accepted and relevant approaches and theory
- Interviewing clients, including face-to-face meetings, to gather data and information pertinent to the engagement
- Working with management to build and maintain client relationships
- Help manage existing client relationships as well as pitch new business to both existing and new clients
- Reporting and presenting analyses and conclusions including written reports
- Attending relevant industry events to broaden your knowledge and experience within the alternative asset industry
- Manage and oversee an existing professional staff to perform valuation around alternative investments
- Managing client relationships; identifying and developing opportunities to enhance relationships with existing clients/contacts and new potential business (existing services or identifying and/or developing potential new services/products)
- Recruiting, training, developing and evaluating PV professional and administrative staff
- Identifying cross-marketing opportunities within and across Kroll
- Overall engagement responsibility for multiple PV engagements, as well as potentially other Kroll service offerings
- Demonstrating support in advancing company and practice objectives of profitability, professionalism and teamwork with colleagues and clients
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or MBA
- Minimum 10 years of constructing and reviewing valuation models and other financial models including: DCF, comparable company, commodity contracts / forecasts, and other intangible asset models
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of software packages including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
Similar Job Openings
- Senior Associate, Portfolio Valuation Dallas, Texas, United States
- Vice President, ESG/Sustainability Advisory and Consulting Services New York, New York, United States, East Palo Alto, California, United States, Denver, Colorado, United States, Seattle, Washington, United States, Diamond Bar, California, United States
- Senior Associate, Portfolio Valuation San Francisco, California, United States
- Vice President, ESG/Sustainability Advisory and Consulting Services Chicago, Illinois, United States, New York, New York, United States, Atlanta, Georgia, United States, Nashville, Tennessee, United States, Boston, Massachusetts, United States, Dallas, Texas, United States