Full-stack/Back-end Web Application Developer, Financial Instruments and TechnologyJob ID 21005426 United States Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
The Financial Instruments and Technology Group (FIT) in Duff and Phelps is continually developing new and innovative applications to feed our clients' needs to stay atop marketplaces, analyze their investments and gain new insights into planned or existing holdings. We are growing our technology team with engineers who have deep knowledge of complex computing systems, know how to structure programs and interfaces in the face of complexity, communicate well, can work on multiple projects simultaneously, and enjoy interacting with technical and financial people.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
Our culture is open and collaborative with a thirst for new challenges and exceeding our client expectations. It is a mix of quantitative and technical people with an openness to new approaches and ideas that show merit. Our business is growing, with new opportunities emerging every year.
This is a Senior level position, and we are open to remote working within the US.
- Work collaboratively with an experienced team to take multiple new applications from conception to either internal or client-facing deployment
- Design and program the back-ends of data-centric applications, in collaboration with domain experts
- Help specify database schemas, queries and interfaces to in-memory objects, consume and produce web APIs, marshall data effectively
- Handle back-end authentication and validation processes, caching, scaling and parallelization requirements
- Use secure techniques to maintain data confidentiality and integrity
- BS/MS in computer science or engineering, hard science or quantitative finance
- Web Development Requirements
- Web app development utilizing common market APIs like Bloomberg, Reuters, FactSet, Tibco
- Cloud DevOps/API experience with Azure or AWS, CI/CD frameworks, Containers, Clusters, Linux
- Programming Requirements
- Multi-module, databased-backed Python application development experience
- SQL and relational DB design and programming experience
- Object-oriented library development, management and publishing
- Effective debugging and performance analysis capabilities
- Skilled at understandable, concise documentation and wiki publishing
- Engineering Requirements
- Hands-on, in-house engineering (product development) background, not IT or consulting
- Demonstrated ability to program complex systems (through samples provided) in Python
- Demonstrated ability to abstract and document code (through samples provided)
- Experience using git for version control; Azure DevOps experience appreciated
- Natural problem solver; enjoy figuring out loosely specified, complex problems
- Good at explaining complex concepts at various levels, in writing and orally
- Proactive in collaborating, sharing knowledge and results
- Ability to focus on and drive organizational goals, not just own
- Good at working on multiple projects simultaneously and finishing what you start
- Ability to track and account for time spent on projects and perform to deadlines
- Asset valuation algorithm implementation experience a plus
- Financial background a plus
- Statistical knowledge a plus
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability
All employees must comply with Kroll’s mandatory vaccination policy, subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.