Associate Managing Director, Compliance Risk and DiligenceJob ID 21007401 United States; New York, New York; Chicago, Illinois; Miami, Florida; Atlanta, Georgia; San Francisco, California; Los Angeles, California; Boston, Massachusetts; Nashville, Tennessee; Washington D.C., District of Columbia; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Through a combination of in-depth subject matter expertise, global research capabilities and flexible technology tools, the Compliance Risk and Diligence practice of Kroll, helps clients take a risk-based approach toward meeting obligations or remediating failures regarding anti-bribery, anti-corruption, and related regulatory mandates. These include pre-transactional intelligence; vendor, supplier, and distributor due diligence; vendor management platform; leadership/executive vetting; sanctions screening and monitoring; country/industry risk; and bespoke inquiries.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
The Associate Managing Director for Cryptocurrency and Blockchain within the consulting practice of Kroll’s Compliance Risk and Diligence team is an innovative and forward-thinking professional who has a thorough understanding of cryptocurrency and the blockchain, but also has proven experience and subject matter expertise in the applicability of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and OFAC Sanctions requirements, and of assessing and managing financial crimes risk mitigation projects, especially as they relate to cryptocurrency institutions and organizations involved in financial transactions.
The successful candidate will act as a subject matter expert in cryptocurrency and blockchain, BSA AML/Combatting the Financing of Terrorism (CFT) execution and deliver AML consulting services to assist Kroll in delivering the best value for its clients. This individual will be required to analyze, assess, and recommend improvements to our clients’ cryptocurrency and blockchain-based compliance programs by implementing solutions to help them remediate identified issues. We are open to this role being fully remote, with some travel required.
- Provide AML, Sanctions, and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) subject matter expertise to directly support cryptocurrency and blockchain client projects, executing and performing document reviews, and conducting detailed gap analysis within a client’s financial crimes compliance program.
- Advise various types of Cryptocurrency and blockchain businesses regarding AML Customer Identification Program (CIP), Know Your Customer (KYC), Customer Due Diligence (CDD)/Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD), Sanctions, and ABC program requirements.
- Oversee and track the day-to-day projects and specific deliverables on AML/CFT, Sanctions, and ABC related projects (i.e.: Currency Transaction Reports (CTR)/Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR), CDD/EDD lookbacks, customer onboarding, periodic KYC reviews, assessments, transaction monitoring).
- Evaluate CDD/EDD documentation and oversee CDD/EDD processes.
- Assist with the preparation, coordination, and execution of cryptocurrency and blockchain client AML, Sanctions, and ABC risk assessments, along with internal control assessments
- Provide coordination and assistance as to various regulatory responses as needed.
- Assess materiality of negative news/adverse media information, sanctions and name-screening alerts, and transaction surveillance alerts.
- Assist in the strategic development and implementation of AML and ABC compliance programs, initiatives, and priorities as applicable, and specifically as it relates to the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry.
- Lead and mentor consultants and project teams.
- Participate in Kroll’s global compliance initiatives, working closely with internal stakeholders globally.
- Work directly and build relationships with other service lines within Kroll as well as with external vendor.
- Keep up-to-date on cryptocurrency and blockchain industry developments through regular participation in AML and ABC forums and training; strive to be a thought-leader in the industry.
- Serve as a cryptocurrency and blockchain/AML subject matter expert from an external relations perspective, including publishing subject matter-related content on Kroll.com and in other Kroll-supported publications, as well as participate in industry-related public speaking engagements.
- Lead business development growth strategies and strategic objectives as it relates to growing Kroll’s share of market in the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry space.
- Contribute to revenue generation goals through business development activities, prospecting new client relationships, and expanding project opportunities with current clients.
- Analyze financial data for addresses, entities, and tokens. Track crypto assets and create a structured and coherent AML strategy to identifying, assessing, and managing risk with easy-to-use and onboard blockchain analytics.
- Bachelor's Degree required (Graduate level preferred).
- 3-5 years minimum of related work experience in the cryptocurrency and blockchain sector.
- 7+ years minimum of related work experience in or with financial services (both preferred).
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of BSA/AML, rules, regulations and best practices, and their applicability to cryptocurrency and blockchain entities.
- Excellent analytical, operational, and technical skills.
- Results-oriented, self-starter and problem-solver; able to work independently, but also a strong team player, dependable and organized.
- Experience leading people and overseeing complex projects in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to synthesize the various financial crimes compliance regulatory requirements to the applicable task/project and connect them to a wide range of business elements including products, services, operations, and systems holistically.
- Ability to translate complex data into meaningful insights and appropriate recommendations in written reports as needed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize on multiple projects and adapt quickly to new challenges.
- Ability to develop long-lasting, collaborative relationships and influence, both internally and across Kroll’s businesses and externally with clients and prospects.
- Upholds the values of integrity, honesty, open communication, and inclusion, as well as actively supporting and developing a collaborative team-based work environment.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel onsite to client facilities (at client’s discretion) to service projects (~20%).
- CAMS Certification, OFAC-Sanctions, CFE, CFCS are strongly preferred.
- Prior management consulting experience is strongly preferred.
To be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Kroll is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age, or disability.
The current New York salary range for this position is $125,000 - $250,000