Personal improvement and growth are taken seriously here. The flexibility to work on both proactive and reactive cyber security engagements has greatly expanded my exposure and abilities in serving our clients.
SOC Analyst, Cyber RiskUnited Kingdom
What makes a successful Cyber Security employee at Kroll? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Relationship expertise
- Technologically inquisitive
Kroll offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Intern leads to Associate, Cyber Risk
Associate, Cyber Risk leads to Senior Associate, Cyber Risk
Senior Associate, Cyber Risk leads to Vice President, Cyber Risk
Vice President, Cyber Risk leads to Senior Vice President, Cyber Risk
Senior Vice President, Cyber Risk leads to Associate Managing Director, Cyber Risk
Associate Managing Director, Cyber Risk ends this path
At Kroll Cyber Risk, I find the collaboration and real sense of teamwork very inspiring. Personal egos are not encouraged! Communication with senior management is also straightforward and responsive. An excellent working environment.
Bill AndersonVice President, APAC Cyber Risk, Singapore
Opportunities for new cyber challenges, knowledge, and career growth are plentiful here. Not only is your success supported through regular professional training, the entire global team also contributes to information sharing via collaboration tools and weekly group presentations. We truly work as a global team and no one ever hesitates to step up and help.
David KloppAMD, Cyber Risk, Singapore
At Kroll you have the opportunity to learn different aspects of cyber security allowing you to develop a set of skills beneficial to your career growth and development. Kroll invests in cyber security and each employee can receive sponsorship for cyber training. In addition, they encourage a work life balance allowing you to do different things for yourself and the team.
Rick LiSenior Associate, Cyber Risk, Hong Kong
The Kroll Cyber team has a great culture. Everyone is down to earth and willing to help each other out. There are no big egos to contend with, which makes for a vibrant and collaborative working environment.
One of the significant differences between Kroll Cyber and other places I have worked is how easy it is to work across international teams. There are no bureaucratic processes; all it takes is a quick conversation to organise logistics.
Mark FarleySenior Vice President, EMEA Cyber Risk, London
Working for the group is awesome, from the amazing culture to a diverse range of projects undertaken. The benefits of being in a global team and collaborative knowledge sharing is unparalleled compared to competitors. Everyday can be different, however it typically consists of helping clients improve their cyber security, constant learning and problem solving.
Hassan MahmudAssociate, EMEA Cyber Risk, London
One of the things I appreciate most from being at this company is the feeling of support. Whether that be helping to develop my work product, ensuring I receive sufficient training, or affording me flexibility when life demands it, I always have the sense that Kroll has my back, and that is a valuable thing indeed.
Ben HawkinsSenior Managing Consultant, EMEA Cyber Risk, London
Ongoing training and development opportunities at all levels of the firm through programs such as Kroll, The Promote Program and Network of Women.
As a global firm, our benefits vary by country.
Be part of a flexible and diverse team that encourages and supports your personal and professional growth.
SOC Analyst, Cyber RiskJob ID 21008997 United Kingdom Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business.
We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll’s Cyber Risk team works on over 2,000 cases a year, including some of the most complex and highest profile matters in the world. With experts based around the world, supported by ground-breaking technology, we help protect our client’s data, people, operations and reputation with innovative assessments, investigations and intelligence. We are the only company in the world with the expertise and resources to deliver global, end-to-end cyber risk management, supporting organizations through every step of their journey toward cyber resilience.
Clients count on us for quick and expert support in the event of and in preparation against a cyber incident; from incident response to risk assessments, and complex forensics to breach notification and ID theft remediation we help clients – of all sizes – respond with confidence.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To be a key member of the SOC and provide real time threat analysis and detection.
- Carry out in-depth investigation on security events, raise incidents and support the Incident Management process.
- Conduct remote incident handling activities and provide security advice to support customers during and immediately after security incidents.
- Respond to system generated alerts, analyse logs and traffic patterns.
- Supporting multiple customer environments concurrently.
- Provide analysis and trending of security log data and network traffic.
- Generate customer facing security reports.
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams.
- Tune and whitelist false positives from our detection rules.
- Support investigations in Major Incidents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Has a passion for security and enjoys solving problems.
- Knowledge of the security threat landscape
- Good knowledge of Cyber Security Incident Response processes & procedures.
- Excellent knowledge on the fundamentals of Windows and Unix systems.
- Good knowledge of the security threat landscape.
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes, and technical security solutions.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications.
- Knowledge of investigation techniques to determine security incidents.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanour.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work a shift rota.
- 1-3+ years’ experience as a Cyber Security Analyst or equivalent.
- Industry recognised security and networking certifications (CCNA, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA CySa+, CREST, GIAC)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience and knowledge
- Experience of working in an MSSP/MDR SOC environment.
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
Similar Job Openings
- Senior Associate-Technical Account Manager, Cyber Risk United Kingdom
- Senior Associate, Cyber Risk United Kingdom
- SOC Shift Lead, Cyber Risk United Kingdom
- Senior Associate - Security Operations Centre Analyst, Cyber Risk United Kingdom