Quantitative Finance Application Developer, Financial Instruments and TechnologyJob ID 21005172 Toronto, Canada Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
The Financial Instruments and Technology Group (FIT) in Duff and Phelps is continually developing new and innovative applications to feed our clients' needs to stay atop marketplaces, analyze their investments and gain new insights into planned or existing holdings. We are growing our technology team with engineers who have deep knowledge of financial analysis and enjoy building complex, scalable analytic tools so that they reach high performance and reliability. People who can work on multiple projects simultaneously, and enjoy interacting with technical and financial people.
Our culture is open and collaborative with a thirst for new challenges and exceeding our client expectations. It is a mix of quantitative and technical people with an openness to new approaches and ideas that show merit. Our business is growing, with new opportunities emerging every year.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
This is a Senior level position and we are open to remote working within the US.
- Work with an experienced team to help design and build multiple new financial applications, from conception to either internal or client-facing deployment
- Develop scalable, high-performance valuation models and frameworks for different asset classes working with other financial domain experts
- Integrate new modeling techniques and approaches into existing analytics libraries
- Minimum 5 years of professional technical design and programming experience in C#, Python or C/C++
- BS/MS in math, hard science, quantitative finance, computer science or engineering
- Finance Requirements
- Familiarity with a range of different asset classes, such as private equity, fixed income, derivatives and/or structured products
- Asset valuation, risk analysis or similar algorithm implementation experience
- Understanding of market and modelling conventions for various asset classes
- Programming Requirements
- Ability to effectively design, debug, test and optimize financial algorithms
- Object-oriented development experience
- Development experience using C#, Python or C/C++
- One or more of the following beneficial:
- Experience with SQL and relational DB design
- Experience with Pandas, PyStats or R for statistical analysis
- Experience with GPU computing with CUDA C/C++
- Skilled at writing understandable, concise documentation
- Prior Work Experience
- Demonstrated ability to program complex analytics (through samples provided)
- Demonstrated ability to abstract and document code (through samples provided)
- Experience using git for version control and/or Azure DevOps experience appreciated
- General Traits
- Interest in Financial Markets and Financial Analysis
- Engineering focus on practical, efficient solutions and proven theories, not academic ones
- Good at explaining complex concepts at various levels, in writing and orally
- Natural problem solver; enjoy figuring out loosely specified, complex problems
- Proactive in collaborating, sharing knowledge and results
- Ability to focus on and drive organizational goals, not just own
- Good at working on multiple projects simultaneously and finishing what you start
- Ability to track and account for time spent on projects and perform to deadlines
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
- Senior Associate, Transaction Advisory Services London, United Kingdom
- Analyst, Valuation Services Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Analyst, Real Estate Advisory Group Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Senior Vendor and Risk Manager, Information Technology New York, New York, United States, Chicago, Illinois, United States