Intern, Compliance Risk and DiligenceJob ID 21009265 Toronto, Canada Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Through a combination of in-depth subject matter expertise, global research capabilities and flexible technology tools, the Compliance Risk and Diligence practice of Kroll helps clients take a risk-based approach toward meeting obligations or remediating failures regarding anti-bribery, anti-corruption and related regulatory mandates. These include pre-transactional intelligence; vendor, supplier and distributor due diligence; vendor management platform; leadership/executive vetting; sanctions screening and monitoring; country/industry risk; and bespoke inquiries.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
Have an analytical mind and enthusiasm for research and investigation? Come join our thriving global team and work with Fortune 500 clients in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment!
We are committed to the continuous professional support and development of our people; hone your skills and master new ones with the support of a world-class in-house training program. Become a regional specialist, learn to lead, deepen your linguistic abilities, build technical expertise--the opportunities are endless.
Interns support the overall research and due diligence process at the company. Interns will be exposed to due diligence practices used globally to mitigate the impact of fraud and corruption. We place a high value on our talent and seek candidates with a high level of conscientiousness, integrity, and professional pride.
The right candidate will have outstanding English reading and writing skills, meticulous attention to detail, a sense of curiosity, the ability and enthusiasm to learn quickly, and a dedication to client satisfaction. Strong reading ability in one or more foreign languages is highly desired.
- Conduct increasingly complex English-language research using public record databases, commercial and proprietary databases, media sources and the Internet
- Assist with analyzing and synthesizing relevant research findings
- Write well-structured, concise, logical and objective reports to provide clients with an accurate assessment of the findings
- For the Spring internship, Availability to work Full-Time or Part-Time hours, a minimum of 20 hours per week with at least two days a week being in a Kroll office.
- Currently pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited university majoring in: International Relations/Affairs, Regional Studies, Political Science, Criminal Justice, or other related areas of study
- Expected earliest graduation term of Spring 2024
- Native or equivalent English language proficiency in reading comprehension
- Extremely strong English-language writing skills
- Ability to prioritize several projects and assignments on multiple topics while meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to conduct online research using various primary and secondary sources
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Ability to understand, accept and apply constructive feedback
- The ability to participate in in-office events at our Toronto - Peter Street Office
- Organizational and time management competencies
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Interest and understanding of current events, international affairs, financial regulations, and economics and/or finance
- Fluency/proficiency in a foreign language (written and reading) is highly desired, especially in
Arabic, Korean, Japanese, German, Italian, and various Eastern European languages.
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.