Data Steward IJob ID 21001309 Toronto, Canada Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business.
We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
Kroll is building an enterprise data group, and we’re looking for you to join our growing portfolio of data and AI projects. In this role, you will be an early and critical member of a data stewardship team, working together with the equally new data engineering, data science, visualization, and analysis teams. While having a basic knowledge in each of these areas, our team will be primarily focused on:
- Data Evaluation and Cataloging - Investigation, exploration, interrogation and triaging of data, coupled with the describing and cataloging of those findings.
- Data Facilitation - Consultatively assisting our internal business and technical peers by contributing to evaluation and feasibility of initiatives with a focus on the data and governance perspectives.
- Data Assets Management - Understanding and curating the data and information currently and potentially available to Kroll, as well as sharing your expertise on the strengths, restrictions, and limitations of each.
- Perform requested research and ongoing industry trend monitoring for the enterprise data group around topics such as data science, data engineering, governance, legal, stewardship, and other relevant areas
- Engaging in internal exploration around company processes, subject matter experts, historical fact gathering, and other information facilitating the understanding of data observations
- Manage and maintain all data governance-related documentation such as data dictionaries, definitions, business rules, security, and process maps
- Capturing non-automated information and updating our data catalog accordingly
- Acting as a key recordkeeper and scribe, capturing, formalizing, and organizing information gathered throughout various processes
- Assist team members in preparing and formalizing specifications, Statements of Work (SOWs), outbound Request for Proposals (RFPs), and other procedural documents or forms.
- Act as a point of contact for directing general inquiries to the most appropriate person
- Recommending key performance indicators, and assisting in the development and distribution of reports monitoring adherence productivity and standards
- Supporting data quality processes, escalating data quality issues, executing on remediation plans, and recommending potential controls
- General literacy of all the various technology functions within a large, modern organization
- Experience illustrating curiosity, adaptability, and an aptitude for learning new skills
- Research skills with various public and private sources of information, and a level of general understanding and skill in evaluating subjects in which no expertise is expected (data science and engineering techniques, visualization trends, regulation and privacy emerging news, etc…)
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Aptitude for information gathering, particularly asking appropriately focused questions and continuing with logical, subsequent questions
- Experience with cataloging information used as a reference, consistently and accurately
- Proficiency with then Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Ability to work effectively with a virtual and remote international team
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of any of the subject areas in which the enterprise data group specializes
- Experience working in a group producing data products or solutions
- Experience as a professional or academic researcher
- Experience as a paralegal
- Experience in a library or academic setting
- Experience with Visio
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
- Analyst, Transaction Advisory Services London, England
- Quantitative Finance Application Developer, Financial Instruments and Technology New York, New York
- Senior Software Engineer Morristown, New Jersey
- Corporate Counsel I Washington D.C., District of Columbia