Associate Manager, Compliance Risk and DiligenceJob ID 21000443 Toronto, Canada Apply now
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps and part of the Governance, Risk, Investigations and Disputes business unit, is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security, and data and information management services.
Through a combination of in-depth subject matter expertise, global research capabilities and flexible technology tools, the Compliance Risk and Diligence practice of Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, helps clients take a risk-based approach toward meeting obligations or remediating failures regarding anti-bribery, anti-corruption and related regulatory mandates. These include pre-transactional intelligence; vendor, supplier and distributor due diligence; vendor management platform; leadership/executive vetting; sanctions screening and monitoring; country/industry risk; and bespoke inquiries.
The Associate Manager position will oversee a team of researchers, as well as manage multiple complex research assignments from start to finish. This expertise allows them to perform quality reviews on reports to ensure that the products produced by their team are accurate, complete and meet our high-quality standards.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Manage a team of researchers, providing oversight and direction in accordance with Kroll’s policies and procedures
- Coach, mentor and develop team members, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities
- Monitor team’s quality to ensure team members meet Kroll’s expectations for productivity, quality, and performance.
- Directly supervise the team’s workflow and products, providing constructive feedback to develop the quality of their work.
- Manage multiple assignments from start to finish, conducting in-depth research using extensive Internet, database, and media research techniques. Analyze research findings, synthesize relevant information, and draft high-quality, objective reports. Effectively manage resources including subcontractors, ensuring protocols are followed and costs are monitored and accounted for accurately.
- Manage and maintain client relationships, and meet client needs in a timely and satisfactory way.
- Understand and comply with UK, European & US regulations relating to confidentiality and data protection
- Professional knowledge of economic, political or related fields is required
- Extremely strong English-language writing skills are required
- 1-2 years of experience supervising a team required
- 3-5 years of experience (including relevant internships) of researching and writing reports in English
- 1-2 years of experience managing client relationships preferred
- Undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited university majoring in: International Relations/Affairs, Regional Studies, Political Science, Criminal Justice, Law or other related areas of study required
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to quickly and effectively summarize information from multiple sources into concise analytical assessments
- Ability to accept and apply constructive feedback
- Customer-service orientation with a dedication to quality
- Availability to work a full-time schedule with the understanding that additional hours and weekend work may be required
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
- Senior Associate, Cyber Risk (Lab Manager) Munich, Bavaria
- Senior Vice President, Cyber Risk Hong Kong, Central and Western District
- Associate, Compliance Risk and Diligence Washington D.C., District of Columbia
- Associate, Compliance Risk and Diligence Hong Kong, Central and Western District
Explore Your Potential
Promote Program at Duff & Phelps
From investigations to compliance to cyber security, we provide services for organizations at every stage of their challenges.
How do we give our clients peace of mind? At Duff & Phelps, our disciplined thought process helps us dig deep to challenge assumptions.
Growth and You at Duff & Phelps
Our approach to ongoing education includes formal training curriculum and on-the-job learning.
Network of Women
Since 2012, Duff & Phelps' Network of Women (NOW) attracts, develops and retains women at all levels of the firm.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.