Vice President, Business Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 21000820 Sydney, Australia Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll’s Business Intelligence and Investigations (“BII”) practice is world-renowned for our trusted experts, global resources, local insight, and actionable results. As the originator of the modern, independent internal corporate investigation and investigative due diligence, over our 45-year history Kroll has conducted thousands of investigations worldwide. Clients have entrusted us with assisting them to resolve some of their most difficult and business-critical challenges.
Our investigative services include financial, internal, and regulatory investigations, asset searches, brand protection, forensic accounting, dispute advisory services, litigation support, business/market entry intelligence, transaction intelligence, proxy contests, intellectual property infringement and product counterfeiting, and regulatory or court-ordered monitorships.
Kroll’s BII practice is staffed with a multidisciplinary team of professionals who include former prosecutors, law enforcement officers and journalists, as well as certified public and forensic accountants, data analytics experts, and certified fraud examiners.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
Summary of Position
As Vice President within Kroll’s Australia BII team, you will be an operationally-focused forensic accounting and internal investigations manager. While the role is focused on operations, you will ideally also carry a measure of business development and marketing duties. The Kroll brand is synonymous with class-leading forensic investigations, and you will help represent that brand as it continues to grow in the Australian market. The intention of those hired for this role is to progress to more senior positions, and to be a functional leader in a unified global team of practitioners.
You will be responsible for execution and delivery of local and international (multijurisdictional) internal investigations, with a focus on fraud investigations, especially those pertaining to insolvency, corruption, and disputes.
In the Australia practice, you will have responsibility for the timely delivery of various projects on deadline, as well as editing and quality assurance duties guiding junior staff.
You will be a critical part of the wider global BII Financial Investigations team, a network of global forensic accounting and internal investigations practitioners headquartered in London and involved in some of Kroll’s highest profile and most complex matters. You may be asked to support these matters, within the wider Asia-Pacific, and further afield.
You may be asked to work alongside our rapidly growing data analytics team, or cyber risk teams, as well as with business intelligence and other skillsets in the kinds of multi-skill cases that Kroll is known for.
Above all, you must be able to demonstrate a passion and energy for this role, and possess the confidence and ability to drive forward Kroll’s leadership in this dynamic and challenging field.
- Act as local (Australian) expert in matters of internal investigation, fraud, anti-bribery and corruption issues, and other relevant matter
- Work closely with cyber risk and cyber forensics teams to recover data and deliver multi-team investigations
- Contribute to the growth of the BII practice, including the development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans to exceed the growth and revenue goals of the organization
- Influence and collaborate with practitioners across all of Kroll on cross-functional practices, and business collaboration efforts
- Development and management of projects, throughout the life and the engagement: meeting with client to discuss needs, preparation of commercial and technical proposal, agreement of engagement, development of working plan and budget, allocation of resources, direction of project team members, delivery and quality assurance and project invoicing
- Represent Kroll in speaking engagements, conventions, industry events and sound bites as required
- Mentor and develop staff to ensure the execution of client objectives and deliverables
- Contribute to the professional development and evaluation of junior project team members, encourage behavior transformation
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, be commercially-focused and be driven by professional excellence and a commitment to the Kroll brand
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with diverse teams
- 8+ years of professional service leadership including expertise in the areas of investigation, forensic accounting, and other forensic services
- Local accountancy qualifications
- Residence in Sydney preferred, other cities considered
- CFE, and locally-licensed PI certifications preferred
- Proven experience in business development, managing partnerships with large and/or industry-leading organizations
- Experience successfully working with C-Level executives
- Experienced in contract preparation, review and execution
- Must be able to think independently and make sound decisions
- Must be proficient in MS office products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (listening, verbal, written presentation)
- Display ability to communicate effectively particularly with external clients and internal colleagues demonstrating the ability to reach the desired project outcome
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- BA/BS required, advanced degree preferred
The role requires a high level of organisational ability, excellent verbal and written communication skills, an ability to think strategically and be commercially focused, an analytical mind and an ability to build relationships.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.jobs
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
- Senior Associate, Cyber Risk (Lab Manager) Munich, Bavaria
- Senior Vice President, Cyber Risk Hong Kong, Central and Western District
- Associate, Compliance Risk and Diligence Washington D.C., District of Columbia
- Associate, Compliance Risk and Diligence Hong Kong, Central and Western District
Explore Your Potential
Promote Program at Duff & Phelps
From investigations to compliance to cyber security, we provide services for organizations at every stage of their challenges.
How do we give our clients peace of mind? At Duff & Phelps, our disciplined thought process helps us dig deep to challenge assumptions.
Growth and You at Duff & Phelps
Our approach to ongoing education includes formal training curriculum and on-the-job learning.
Network of Women
Since 2012, Duff & Phelps' Network of Women (NOW) attracts, develops and retains women at all levels of the firm.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.