Senior Vice President, Business Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 20000560 Sydney, Australia Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you join our team, you’ll become part of a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, consistently provides firms with the professional investigative consulting expertise necessary to resolve conflict through fact-finding and critical analysis. We have conducted thousands of investigations worldwide and have an unmatched track record of resolving disputes and working with in-house and outside counsel to successfully conduct and conclude internal or regulatory inquiries. Our experts help organizations with their critical fact finding when they need to conduct internal investigations or to examine allegations of wrongdoing. Whether or not actual misconduct is discovered, such inquiries, and their aftermath, can pose serious risks to companies and their stakeholders, damaging their reputation, disrupting their business operations and exposing them to government scrutiny, as well as to potential criminal, civil and regulatory liability. Kroll's investigative services and expertise have helped clients successfully resolve investigations promptly and with minimal business disruption.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
The role of the Senior Vice President will be responsible for developing, producing and supporting the investigative case work, dealing with clients and managing complex multi-jurisdictional assignments. Additionally, this role will be responsible for contributing to the on-going development and growth of the Investigation & Dispute Practice.
The role requires a high level of organizational ability, excellent verbal and written communication skills, an ability to think strategically, be commercially focused with an analytical mind.
- Development and management of projects, throughout the life and the engagement: meeting with client to discuss needs, preparation of commercial and technical proposal, agreement of engagement, development of working plan and budget, allocation of resources, direction of project team members, delivery and quality assurance and project invoicing
- Provide expert, reliable and robust analysis of complex situations and data for clients
- Responsible for the complete
- Act as client contact throughout projects and contribute to management of the client relationship
- Actively be involved in the pursuit of new business and support the delivery of proposals by senior members of the team
- Ensure senior members of the Practice remain up-to-date with the progress of investigation, bringing up issues and findings to the attention of appropriate personnel for resolution and decision making
- Monitors quality of own work product and the work of junior employees, providing guidance and assistance where necessary
- Achieves Personal Billable Hours and Personal Development targets
- Addresses field investigation and related problems as they arise
- Exercise good judgment, demonstrate innovation and adapt working strategy based on results obtained
- Take ownership of project and deliverables and manage workflow and costs effectively
- Ensure ethical conduct, quality of services, use of best practices and compliance with policy and SOPs in each project
- Identify project risks and effectively manage them
- Contribute to the professional development and evaluation of junior project team members
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, be commercially-focused and be driven by professional excellence and a commitment to the Kroll brand.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
- Strong academic background, preferably in the fields of Accounting, Finance, Journalism,
- Engineering, International Relations, International Business and Political Science, Law or Security Studies
- 6+ years of relevant work experience as a financial/forensic investigator, forensic accounting, risk assessment in a managerial capacity
- CFE Certification preferred
- Client-facing and business development experienced preferred
- Proven ability to grasp client needs and to analyze large data sets in order to deliver readily understandable executive reports and presentations
- Native-level bilingual research capability in English and another language preferred. Such languages might include: Mandarin, Spanish, French, Cantonese, Japanese, Malay, Indonesian, Thai, Vietnamese, Burmese
- Proficient in a broad variety of investigative methods
- Proficient in MS Office. Ideally also proficient in investigative analysis tools
- A key interest in business strategy, global events and markets, with an awareness of working across different cultural and political environments is essential due to the range of cases that will be handled across various industry-sectors.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
- Associate, Compliance Risk and Diligence São Paulo, São Paulo
- Associate Manager, Business Intelligence and Investigations Zurich, Canton of Zurich
- Associate Managing Director, Cyber Risk Secaucus, New Jersey
- Associate, Compliance Risk and Diligence Hong Kong, Central and Western District
Explore Your Potential
Promote Program at Duff & Phelps
From investigations to compliance to cyber security, we provide services for organizations at every stage of their challenges.
How do we give our clients peace of mind? At Duff & Phelps, our disciplined thought process helps us dig deep to challenge assumptions.
Growth and You at Duff & Phelps
Our approach to ongoing education includes formal training curriculum and on-the-job learning.
Network of Women
Since 2012, Duff & Phelps' Network of Women (NOW) attracts, develops and retains women at all levels of the firm.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.