Senior Corporate CounselJob ID 21003690 Sydney, Australia; Australia; Australia; Melbourne, Australia Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll is looking for a SeniorCorporate Counselto provide legal support to our Governance and Risk Advisorybusiness unit in the Asia Pacific region.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- Provide commercial legal advice and support to Kroll’s Governance and Risk Advisory (GRA) business unit in the APAC region, which includes service lines in restructuring, forensic investigations & intelligence, compliance risk and diligence, financial services compliance and regulation and expert services.
- Provide general legal support and solutions focused legal advice on a variety of matters to the GRA business.
- Draft, review and negotiate a range of commercial contracts, in particular confidentiality agreements, client engagement agreements, master services agreements, vendor agreements, hold harmless letters and RFP’s.
- Review, update, create and tailor precedent agreements and processes (including process for exceptions) as needed and appropriate.
- Carry out legal research in relation to new or newly applicable legislation and on more specific points of law in the region, as needed.
- Build strong relationships with GRA business.
- Work as a team player in the regional and global GRA legal team.
- Provide training to the business on applicable legal issues and/or laws/regulations as applicable.
- Admitted to practice law in Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore or another common law jurisdiction with a minimum of 8+ years’ post qualification experience.
- Professional and commercial approach to problem solving and strong team ethic is essential.
- Experience in corporate restructuring an advantage.
- Solid law firm training and in-house experience with a regional or global professional services company, and experience in providing legal support to businesses located in China and South East Asia an advantage.
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively and autonomously.
- Commercial approach. Excellent communication and relationship building skills, both written and oral, with the ability to write with precision and clarity.
- Hardworking, with demonstrated ability to work well under pressure whilst continuing to work in an orderly and organised manner.
- Ability to navigate complex issues in developed and emerging markets.
- This role will report to the global Chief Counsel for GRA.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.jobs
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.