Senior Associate, Forensic Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 21003363 Sydney, Australia Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business.
We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll consistently provides firms with the professional investigative consulting expertise necessary to resolve conflict through fact-finding and critical analysis. We have conducted thousands of investigations worldwide and have an unmatched track record of resolving disputes and working with in-house and external counsel to successfully conduct and conclude internal, regulatory and other inquiries. Our experts help organizations with their critical fact finding when they need to conduct internal investigations or to examine allegations of wrongdoing. Whether or not actual misconduct is discovered, such inquiries, and their aftermath, can pose serious risks to companies and their stakeholders, damaging their reputation, disrupting their business operations and exposing them to government scrutiny, as well as to potential criminal, civil and regulatory liability. Kroll's investigative services and expertise have helped clients successfully resolve investigations promptly and with minimal business disruption.
The Senior Associate will participate in interviews and field investigation activities, including the use of digital forensic tools and data analysis techniques. The Senior Associate is also expected to be able to perform research, including desktop research, and to maintain the highest level of integrity in conducting research. The role seeks a self-starter, motivated personality, excited to develop their forensic investigation skills and learn about different industries & organizations.
At Kroll, your work will help to uncover the facts about financial crime and wrongdoing and deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
Candidates that are based in other Australian states can be considered for the role
Working closely with senior, experienced forensic investigation professionals, the Senior Associate will be responsible for a broad range of forensic investigation procedures into allegations of fraud, bribery, corruption and workplace misconduct, including:
- Assisting in the development of investigation plans.
- Conducting research to identify and obtain information from primary & secondary sources, including databases, internet and other public domain sources.
- Identifying other sources of information, including email, social media and financial / accounting records, and assisting digital forensic professionals to acquire and conduct searches of this information.
- Reviewing and analysing the information to assist in establishing whether it supports or refutes the allegations under investigation.
- Assisting in the preparation of interview plans and in conducting interviews.
- Assisting in the preparation of high quality written and oral reports.
- Strong academic background, preferably a degree in one of these fields from a major university –Accountancy, Law, Business Studies and related fields.
- CA or pursuing CA qualification will be highly regarded.
- Experience in forensic accounting, audit (external and internal) and/or other areas such as risk, compliance, insolvency / restructuring and financial / management accounting is preferred.
- Experience in forensic investigations, including drafting investigation plans, interview plans, conducting information gathering interviews and providing written and verbal updates will be highly regarded.
- Aware of and understands relevant legislation and regulations relating to confidentiality and data protection.
- Discreet and able to handle sensitive information in confidence.
- Resourceful and analytical with good common sense and sound business acumen.
- Good core computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and research capability is essential. Bilingual research capability in an Asia-Pacific language preferred but not required.
- Native-level English, together with good writing skills is essential; demonstrable experience in writing effective reports and/or articles preferred.
- Travel may be required.
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.