Associate, Business Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 21001454 Sydney, Australia Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business.
We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll consistently provides firms with the professional investigative consulting expertise necessary to resolve conflict through fact-finding and critical analysis. We have conducted thousands of investigations worldwide and have an unmatched track record of resolving disputes and working with in-house and outside counsel to successfully conduct and conclude internal or regulatory inquiries. Our experts help organizations with their critical fact finding when they need to conduct internal investigations or to examine allegations of wrongdoing. Whether or not actual misconduct is discovered, such inquiries, and their aftermath, can pose serious risks to companies and their stakeholders, damaging their reputation, disrupting their business operations and exposing them to government scrutiny, as well as to potential criminal, civil and regulatory liability. Kroll's investigative services and expertise have helped clients successfully resolve investigations promptly and with minimal business disruption.
The Associate is expected to be able to perform all methods of research, including desktop research, interviews and field investigation. The Associate is expected to maintain the highest level of integrity in conducting research. The role seeks a self-starter, motivated personality, excited to learn about different industries & companies.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
The Associate will be responsible for producing and supporting the research and investigative work that forms the basis of Kroll’s work for its clients. Specifically,
- Source information from primary & secondary sources including databases, internet and public domain
- Be creative in developing traditional and non-traditional sources of information, especially in areas where public information is limited
- Verify the credibility of the information and sources
- Analyze the information, draw implications for clients
- Prepare high quality written and oral reports
- Strong academic background, preferably a degree in one of these fields from a top university – Business Studies, Journalism, International Relations, English, or Accountancy
- Strong familiarity with Australian commercial and sociopolitical environment
- Deep interest in investigating current affairs (especially pertaining to complex business issues) and explaining findings to local and international clients
- Commercial experience, preferably gained in a research-intensive environment
- Aware of and understands relevant regulations relating to confidentiality and data protection
- Discreet and able to handle sensitive information in confidence
- Resourceful and analytical with good common sense and sound business acumen
- Good computer skills including word processing and spreadsheets; social media research experience a plus
- Native-level English alongside superior writing skills; demonstrable experience in writing effective reports and/or articles preferred
- Preferred but not required: bilingual research capability in an Asia-Pacific language
- Travel may be required
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
- Analyst, Transaction Advisory Services London, England
- Quantitative Finance Application Developer, Financial Instruments and Technology New York, New York
- Senior Software Engineer Morristown, New Jersey
- Corporate Counsel I Washington D.C., District of Columbia