Vice President, Business Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 20000512 Singapore, Singapore Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Kroll is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security and data and information management services. Kroll is a division of Duff & Phelps, a global advisor with nearly 4,000 professionals in 25 countries around the world. Our clients include publicly traded and privately held companies, law firms, government entities and investment organizations such as private equity firms and hedge funds. We also advise the world’s leading standard-setting bodies on valuation and governance best practices.
The role of Vice President/Associate Vice President will be responsible for developing, producing and supporting the investigative case work focusing on Indonesia and more broadly on the ASEAN region, dealing with clients and managing complex multi-jurisdictional assignments. Additionally, this role will be responsible for contributing to the on-going development and growth of the BII Practice in Singapore. The role requires a high level of organizational ability, excellent verbal and written communication skills, an ability to think strategically, and be commercially focused with an analytical mind.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Development and management of projects, throughout the life and the engagement: meeting with Managing Directors (“MDs”) and client to discuss needs, preparation of commercial and technical proposal, agreement of engagement, development of working plan and budget, allocation of resources, direction of project team members, delivery and quality assurance and project invoicing
- Provide expert, reliable and robust research and analysis of complex situations and data for clients
- Act as the key project coordinator throughout projects and contribute to management of the client relationship where appropriate
- Support MDs in the pursuit of new business including supporting the delivery of proposals by MDs and other senior members of the team
- Ensure senior members of the BII Practice remain up-to-date with the progress of investigation, bringing up issues and findings to the attention of appropriate personnel for resolution and decision making
- Monitors quality of own work product and the work of junior employees, providing guidance and assistance where necessary
- Achieves Personal Billable Hours and Personal Development targets
- Addresses field investigation and related problems as they arise
- Exercise good judgment, demonstrate innovation and adapt working strategy based on results obtained
- Take ownership of project and deliverables and manage workflow and costs effectively
- Ensure ethical conduct, quality of services, use of best practices and compliance with policy and SOPs in each project
- Identify project risks and effectively manage them
- Contribute to the professional development and evaluation of junior project team members
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, be commercially-focused and be driven by professional excellence and a commitment to the Kroll brand.
- Strong academic background, preferably in the fields of Finance, Journalism, International Relations, International Business and Political Science, Law or Security Studies
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia including spoken, written and for business communication in Singapore and Indonesia
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in a role such as political analyst, researcher, financial/forensic investigator, forensic accountant, risk assessment in a managerial capacity
- Proven ability to grasp client needs and to analyze large amounts of information sets in order to deliver readily understandable executive reports
- Strong team, project and client management experience, along with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in a broad variety of investigative methods
- Proficient in MS Office. Ideally also proficient in investigative analysis tools
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as Associate Vice President
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.