Associate Managing Director, Business Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 21000564 Singapore, Singapore Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you join our team, you’ll become part of a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Kroll’s Business Intelligence and Investigations (“BII”) practice is world-renowned for our trusted experts, global resources, local insight, and actionable results. As the originator of the modern, independent internal investigation, over our 45-year history Kroll has conducted thousands of investigations worldwide. Clients have entrusted us with assisting them to resolve some of their most difficult and business critical challenges.
Our investigative services include financial, internal, and regulatory investigations, asset searches, brand protection, forensic accounting, dispute advisory services, litigation support, business/market entry intelligence, transaction intelligence, proxy contests, intellectual property infringement and product counterfeiting, and regulatory or court-ordered monitorships.
Kroll’s BII practice is staffed with a multidisciplinary team of professionals who include former prosecutors, law enforcement officers and journalists, as well as certified public and forensic accountants, data analytics experts, and certified fraud examiners.
Summary of Position
As Associate Managing Director within Kroll’s Singapore BII team, you will be an operationally-focused forensic accounting and internal investigations leader, and will also carry a measure of business development and marketing duties. The Kroll brand is synonymous with class-leading forensic investigations, and you will represent that brand as it continues to grow in the ASEAN market. The intention of those hired for this role is to progress to Managing Director, and to be a functional leader in a unified global team of practitioners.
You will be responsible for execution and delivery of local and international (multijurisdictional) internal investigations, with a focus on fraud investigations, especially those pertaining to insolvency, corruption, and disputes.
You will be a critical part of the wider global BII Financial Investigations team, a network of senior global forensic accounting and internal investigations practitioners headquartered in London and involved in some of Kroll’s highest profile and most complex matters. You may be asked to support these matters, within the wider Asia-Pacific, and further afield.
You will have significant impact on the setup and design of the BII practice, as a founding senior member of the wider Kroll’s rapidly growing ASEAN practice, with overall responsibility for the development of the forensic accounting, internal investigations, financial crimes advisory, and other matters. You may be asked to work alongside our rapidly growing data analytics team, or cyber risk teams, as well as with intelligence and other skillsets in the kinds of multi-skill cases that Kroll is known for.
You will be responsible for delivery of overall financial and client objectives. You will be expected to identify new business opportunities and be actively involved in the development of marketing and product initiatives, given your first-hand knowledge of conducting detailed business analysis supported by more wide-ranging investigations in order to bring a cost effective and commercial solution to issues affecting Kroll’s clients.
Responsibilities will also include negotiating and reviewing project contracts, drafting and reviewing proposals, managing pipeline, supporting client executives in closing deals, speaking as a content expert, and drafting thought leadership which will positively reflect upon Kroll and the business.
Above all, you must be able to demonstrate a passion and energy for this role, and possess the confidence and ability to drive forward Kroll’s leadership in this dynamic and challenging field.
- Act as an expert in matters of internal investigation, fraud, anti-bribery and corruption issues, and other relevant matter
- Work closely with cyber risk and cyber forensics teams to recover data and deliver multi-team investigations
- Contribute to the growth of the BII practice, including the development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans to exceed the growth and revenue goals of the organization
- Influence and collaborate with practitioners across all of Kroll on cross-functional practices, and business collaboration efforts
- Development and management of projects, throughout the life and the engagement: meeting with client to discuss needs, preparation of commercial and technical proposal, agreement of engagement, development of working plan and budget, allocation of resources, direction of project team members, delivery and quality assurance and project invoicing
- Represent Kroll in speaking engagements, conventions, industry events and sound bites as required
- Mentor and develop staff to ensure the execution of client objectives and deliverables
- Contribute to the professional development and evaluation of junior project team members, encourage behavior transformation
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, be commercially-focused and be driven by professional excellence and a commitment to the Kroll brand.
- Bachelor’s Degree holder with strong academic background, preferably in the fields of Finance, Journalism, International Relations, International Business and Political Science, Law or Security Studies
- 8+ years of professional service leadership including expertise in the areas of investigation, forensic accounting, and other forensic services
- Proven experience in business development, managing partnerships with large and/or industry-leading organizations
- Experience working with diverse teams
- Experience successfully working with C-Level executives
- Experienced in contract preparation, review and execution
- Strong ability to influence across multiple business lines
- Must be able to think independently and make sound decisions
- Local accountancy qualifications an advantage
- CFE, and locally-licensed PI certifications preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Must be proficient in MS office products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management
- Display ability to communicate effectively particularly with external clients and internal colleagues demonstrating the ability to reach the desired project outcome
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
The role requires a high level of organisational ability, excellent verbal and written communication skills, an ability to think strategically and be commercially focused, an analytical mind and an ability to build relationships.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
- Analyst, Transaction Advisory Services London, England
- Quantitative Finance Application Developer, Financial Instruments and Technology New York, New York
- Senior Software Engineer Morristown, New Jersey
- Corporate Counsel I Washington D.C., District of Columbia