Associate Vice President, Business Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 20000921 Shanghai, China Apply now
Kroll is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security and data and information management services. Kroll is a division of Duff & Phelps, the global advisor that protects, restores and maximizes value for clients in the areas of valuation, corporate finance, investigations, disputes, cyber security, compliance and regulatory matters, and other governance-related issues. We work with clients across diverse sectors, mitigating risk to assets, operations and people. With Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps since 2018, our firm has nearly 4,000 professionals in 25 countries around the world.
The Associate Vice President is an important role within the Business Intelligence and Investigations Practice in our Shanghai office. As an Associate Vice President, you will be responsible for all aspects of case management, from public research and analysis, to project plan design, resource allocation, and final result presentation. This is also potentially a client-facing role. As such, you are expected to build and retain key relationships with internally and externally stakeholders, ensure quality standard and maintain Kroll’s brand image at all times.
Due to the variety of cases that you will manage across different industry-sectors and jurisdictions, a key interest in business strategy, global events and markets, with an awareness of working across different cultural and political environments is essential.
- To ensure the efficient management of cases including:
- Gaining a deep understanding of the case and client needs through discussions directly with the client or taking direction from a senior member of the Business Intelligence Practice
- Scoping the project and writing and submitting proposals
- Accurately forecast and effectively manage all aspects of case finances and contribute to the successful management of the case budget
- Examine and interpret the information obtained to produce in-depth and detail-orientated analysis, identify further research strategy that needs to be carried out and investigated to support case development
- Ability to review and analyse large volume financial data, develop worksheet, identify red flag issues and present findings coherently using Excel
- Write well-structured, logical and objective reports in a client-oriented manner and address clients’ focused questions and concerns
- Understand how to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint or any relevant tools properly to provide diagrammatic and visualized demonstration and present key findings identified in the investigation
- Effectively manage execution process and resources, including subcontractors and other third-party resources, ensure the correct protocols are followed and budgets are precisely on track
- Monitor the quality of research and analysis, ensuring that Kroll’s high standards are always met. Provide guidance and feedback to junior project team members, where necessary
- Understand international rules related to FCPA and UK Bribery Act as well as major China regulations/rules related to compliance settings;
- Gain an in-depth understanding of other legal systems and implications of working across jurisdictions to support the variety of case work undertaken.
- Work with senior practitioners and managing director(s) on more complex, multi-jurisdictional cases
- Demonstrate potential and ability in Business Development, assist managing director to identify new clients and business opportunities through research, marketing event, proposal preparation and pitches
- Monitor quality of work product and conduct follow-ups with clients or senior leaders where necessary
- Support the growth of BU and Shanghai office through contributions in non case-related projects and initiatives
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues across Kroll’s network of offices and various business practices
- Identify own learning needs and opportunities, and continuously seek to improve case-work performance
- Ensure ethical conduct, quality of services, use of best practices and compliance with policy and SOPs in each project
- Act as a mentor to analysts; support personal and professional development of technical and management skills
- Strong academic background, preferably in the fields of Accounting, Finance, Journalism, Risk Management, International Business and Political Science, Law or Security Studies
- Experience in a reputable professional or financial services firm or legal/compliance/audit/investigation function under international corporates
- Experience in business intelligence, risk management consulting and/or financial advisory
- Proven ability to drive efficiency and work under multi-task environment to meet deadlines
- Proven ability on market research, data analysis, information analysis, and presentation skill
- Strong communications skills (upward, downward, across individuals, across cultures, across business lines) in both a verbal and written format
- A strong team player, self-motivated, ethical and dedicated
- A highly professional and commercial approach to problem solving
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Mandarin are essential
- Internationally-recognized qualifications: CPA, CFE, CFA are desirable but not must
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
- Senior Associate, Cyber Risk São Paulo, São Paulo
- Associate, Business Intelligence and Investigations Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality
- Associate Vice President, Business Intelligence and Investigations Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality
- Senior Vice President, Cyber Risk Hong Kong, Central and Western District
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.