Associate, Business Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 20000802 Shanghai, China Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference.
Kroll is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security and data and information management services. Kroll is a division of Duff & Phelps, a global advisor with nearly 4,000 professionals in 25 countries around the world. Our clients include publicly traded and privately held companies, law firms, government entities and investment organizations such as private equity firms and hedge funds. We also advise the world’s leading standard-setting bodies on valuation and governance best practices.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
As an Associate within the Business Intelligence and Investigations practice, you are required to support case managers to conduct in-depth investigative & intelligence due diligence research. Manage cases from start to finish, conducting extensive Internet, database, and media research (‘Desktop Research’) into companies and individuals to provide our clients with an accurate assessment of the status, legitimacy, general background, and overall reputation of a subject company and its principals.
Our Associates’ work enables our clients to make informed, strategic decisions that have a huge impact on their organisations. As a result, we place a high value on our talent and seek candidates with a high level of conscientiousness, integrity, and professional pride.
- Conducting extensive primary and secondary web-based research
- Identifying relevant information and developing useful insights into research subjects Writing and editing of research reports for client use
- Tracking progress and ensuring timely completion of cases
- Contacting the client as required by supervisor
- Confirming the accuracy, logic and overall quality of research reports
- Take ownership of project and deliverables
- Coordinating research and working closely with team members in other Kroll offices
- Demonstrate excellent judgment, be commercially-focused and be driven by professional excellence and a commitment to the Kroll brand
- Strong academic background, preferably in the fields of Finance, Journalism, International Relations, International Business and Political Science, Law or Security Studies
- Commercial experience preferably 1-3 years’ experience gained from a research-related field
- Ability to communicate with a high level of fluency and clarity in both writing and speech in English and Mandarin is a must.
- Proven ability to perform all methods of research, including desktop research and analysis from primary and secondary sources
- Strong understanding and developed interest in Asian politics and current affairs
- Excellent reports writing, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to synthesize large volumes of information
- Enthusiasm for finding “the needle in a haystack”
- Flexible team player, with strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office. Ideally also proficient in investigative analysis tools
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
- Senior Associate, Cyber Risk São Paulo, São Paulo
- Associate, Business Intelligence and Investigations Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality
- Associate Vice President, Business Intelligence and Investigations Shanghai, Shanghai Municipality
- Senior Vice President, Cyber Risk Hong Kong, Central and Western District
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.