Associate, Cyber RiskJob ID 19001481 Secaucus, New Jersey Apply now
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps and part of the Governance, Risk, Investigations and Disputes business unit, is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security, and data and information management services.
Kroll’s Cyber Risk team works on hundreds of cases a year, including some of the most complex and highest profile matters in the world. With experts based around the world, supported by ground-breaking technology, we can help protect our client’s data, people, operations and reputation with innovative cyber risk assessments, investigations and reporting. We help enable organization to be more cyber resilient by preparing for and detecting incidents through risk assessments, penetration testing and threat detection/intelligence services.
Our clients also count on us for quick and expert support in the event of a cyber breach or attack; we help clients – of all sizes –respond to incidents and restore stability through digital forensics, breach notification, and identity monitoring and restoration services for individuals affected by a data breach.
- Preserving and forensically imaging data from computer and mobile device systems using accepted forensic protocols.
- Creating and maintaining Chain of Custody.
- Maintaining and managing the evidence control systems including the evidence locker.
- Archiving data to backup systems.
- Performing case closing processes.
- Creating client data deliverables.
- Shipping and receiving data and equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree or related job experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level understanding of Windows operating system architecture fundamentals (NTFS, registry, processes, binaries, DLL’s, etc.) and administration. Similar understanding of MacOS and/or Linux a plus.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Access.
- Understanding of common malware behavior and persistence mechanisms a plus.
- Experience with commercial computer forensics software, including products from Guidance Software, Access Data, X-Ways, Magnet Forensics, and BlackBag Technologies.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Experience with forensic imaging techniques and software such as FTK Imager, X-Ways, Encase, DD, Maquisition, Recon, and Paladin.
- Experience with Mobile Device collection and imaging using Cellebrite, Oxygen, and other technologies.
- Understanding of common encryption methods such as Bitlocker, Veracrypt, and PGP.
- Relevant cyber security certifications including CISSP, EnCe. CFCE, ACE, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, or GREM a plus.
Kroll is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities). If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (212) 833-3293 for assistance.
Kroll will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including fair chance laws. You can find more information about your city’s fair chance laws here: Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Philadelphia.
- Senior Associate, Business Development, Cyber Risk London, England
- Associate, Business Intelligence and Investigations London, England
- Associate, Cyber Risk London, England
- Associate, Compliance Risk and Diligence Hanoi, Thành Phố Hà Nội
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
What We Do
From investigations to compliance to cyber security, we provide services for organizations at every stage of their challenges.
How do we give our clients peace of mind? At Duff & Phelps, our disciplined thought process helps us dig deep to challenge assumptions.
Visit our intelligence center to read our latest Kroll insights.
Network of Women
Since 2012, Duff & Phelps' Network of Women (NOW) attracts, develops and retains women at all levels of the firm.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.