Vice President, ESG AdvisoryJob ID 21007687 São Paulo, Brazil Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Our Environmental, Social and Governance Advisory Services (ESG) and Valuation Advisory Services practices consistently provide advisory and technology solutions, including policies and procedures, screening and due diligence, disclosures and reporting, investigations, value creation, and monitoring.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- We are looking for a highly motivated Principal Consultant to support our growing Greenhouse Gas Protocol (“GHG”) Accounting and Reporting service in Brazil
- Your role will be client-facing and you will lead consulting projects and business development efforts to create inventories of scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions
- Your projects and clients may span a diverse set of industries, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to boutique brands and start-ups
- As a subject matter expert, provide supervision, guidance and technical leadership to clients as well as colleagues on leading practices, standards, and trends, incorporating this knowledge into consulting projects, proposals and the evolution of new services
- Also, help the Valuation Advisory Services practice incorporate ESG considerations when managing valuation analysis
- Develop and deliver proposals with client managers and generate your own leads with new and existing clients, demonstrating an understanding of the client’s business and creative scopes of work to achieve their goals
- Concurrently manage several projects across their lifecycle and be responsible for these projects providing high value to our client while being on time and budget
- Actively demonstrate thought leadership through, for example, presenting on webinars and participating in leading forums
- 3+ years’ experience in corporate GHG emissions accounting under the Brazilian GHG Protocol standards across multiple sectors, acquired either in-house or in a consultancy environment
- Proficiency in calculating and reporting scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions, with demonstrated experience in key topic areas, including setting inventory boundaries, accounting for renewable energy, and accounting for supply chain emissions using multiple approaches (EEIO, LCA, supplier-specific data)
- Demonstrated experience in conducting GHG inventories with organizations across multiple sectors (retail, manufacturing, financial, energy, etc.)
- Understanding of Life Cycle Assessments and Product Carbon Footprints
- Familiarity with carbon accounting and reporting standards and programs (e.g., ISO 14064, GHG Protocol, TCR)
- Knowledgeable about current and emerging policy and regulatory drivers of GHG emissions disclosure and management in Brazil and internationally
- Basic knowledge of constructing and reviewing valuation models and other financial models including: DCF, comparable company, stock option, and intangible asset models
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Accounting Degree and internal audit experience a plus.
- Ability to prioritize several projects and assignments on multiple topics while meeting tight deadlines.
- Bilingual Portuguese/English required
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree a plus.
- Certificate(s) in ESG Investing from the CFA Institute, GHG Management Institute and/or Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) a plus.
Certificate(s) in ESG Investing from the CFA Institute, GHG Management Institute and/or Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) a plus.
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.