Associate Manager, Compliance Risk and DiligenceJob ID 19000874 São Paulo, Brazil Apply now
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps and part of the Governance, Risk, Investigations and Disputes business unit, is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security, and data and information management services.
Through a combination of in-depth subject matter expertise, global research capabilities and flexible technology tools, the Compliance Risk and Diligence practice of Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, helps clients take a risk-based approach toward meeting obligations or remediating failures regarding anti-bribery, anti-corruption and related regulatory mandates. These include pre-transactional intelligence; vendor, supplier and distributor due diligence; vendor management platform; leadership/executive vetting; sanctions screening and monitoring; country/industry risk; and bespoke inquiries.
The Associate Manager, Compliance Risk and Diligence provides supervision and guidance to teams of researchers and/or research team leads, manages and monitors quality metrics, and has a strong focus on client relationship management. Associate Managers manage multiple complex research assignments from start to finish. This expertise allows them to perform quality reviews on reports to ensure that the products produced by their teams are accurate, complete and meet our high quality standards.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
• Directly supervise the workflow, work product, and skill development of a team of researchers
• Manage multiple assignments from start to finish, conducting extensive Internet, database, and media research into companies and individuals to provide our clients with an accurate assessment of the status, legitimacy, general background, and overall reputation of a subject company and its principals
• Analyze research, organize findings and synthesize relevant information
• Write well structured, logical and objective reports regarding assessments on the status, legitimacy, general background, and overall reputation of a company and its principals
• Monitor the quality of Analyst research and analysis on the case, ensuring high standards
• Manage and maintain existing client relationships
• Understand and comply with UK, European & US regulations relating to confidentiality and data protection
• Effectively manage case resources including subcontractors and other 3rd party services, ensuring protocols are followed and costs are monitored and accounted for accurately
• Advanced or fluent Portuguese language proficiency in reading comprehension is required.
• Extremely strong English-language writing skills is required
• 3-5 years of experience (including relevant internships) of researching and writing reports in English, for private client use
• 1-2 years of experience managing client relationships
• 1-2 years of experience supervising a team
• Undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited university majoring in: International Relations/Affairs, Regional Studies, Political Science, Criminal Justice, Law or other related areas of study required
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to quickly and effectively summarize information from multiple sources into concise analytical assessments
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to accept and apply constructive feedback
• Ability to prioritize several projects and assignments on multiple topics while meeting tight deadlines
• Customer-service orientation with a dedication to quality
• Interest and understanding of current events, international affairs, economics and/or finance
• Availability to work a full-time schedule with the understanding that additional hours and weekend work may be required
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
What We Do
From investigations to compliance to cyber security, we provide services for organizations at every stage of their challenges.
How do we give our clients peace of mind? At Duff & Phelps, our disciplined thought process helps us dig deep to challenge assumptions.
Visit our intelligence center to read our latest Kroll insights.
Network of Women
Since 2012, Duff & Phelps' Network of Women (NOW) attracts, develops and retains women at all levels of the firm.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.