Associate, Data Insights and ForensicsJob ID 21006695 São Paulo, Brazil Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity, not just answers, in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Our Data Insights & Forensics professionals are experienced advisors built on Kroll’s DNA of risk and investigations. Traditional technologists (forensics, data analysis, discovery) and data scientists converge with globally experienced fact-finding professionals to provide clients with unparalleled end-to-end technology, data analytics, and integrity solutions throughout the Compliance, Investigation and Litigation lifecycle.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
The Associate, focusing on litigation advisory, will work as part of the global Data Insights and Forensics practice. This role involves the ability to assist global teams in collaborative problem solving through all aspects of a project, as well as supporting our clients with expert advisory regarding data solutions. It also requires the individual to assist leadership to grow existing and build new client relationships and to bring their technical and commercial expertise to shape the future of our practice. A fundamental understanding of structured and unstructured data analysis, and the correlation between the two is paramount. Additionally, learning about various AI technologies and applying these to our client requirements.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide consulting and expertise to our clients on technical and case management needs related to structured and unstructured data. Tasks may include applying advanced technology solutions to design customised workflows to address complex data sets. The position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, electrifying environment to meet critical client deadlines.
Our Kroll Data Insights and Forensics team understands that all projects require customised solutions. Our experienced professionals design efficient workflows, proactively identify and mitigate risk, apply quality control checkpoints, solve technological challenges, and provide cost-effective solutions tailored for specific projects.
Example areas of work will include fraud, bribery and corruption, sanctions, money laundering, data governance and privacy, market abuse, insider trading, compliance and much more.
- Collaborating creatively with Kroll colleagues to create cross-functional value-add solutions with advanced technology solutions, data, and analytics components
- Supporting research and development of products used on a range of projects
- Attending project scoping calls and contributing to daily project management of client projects
- Extensive client contact and opportunity to manage client relationships and projects
- Designing workflows to address complex data challenges
- Technology and case consulting
- Preparing project reports, presentations, marketing pitches, visualizations, and technical documentation
- Helping clients drive business-led and technology-enabled transformation across a broad range of business issues
- Understanding and documenting clients’ business processes and requirements, performing root cause analyses, developing business cases, and gathering information
- Taking full responsibility for tasks including consistent self-review of work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products, while working under supervision
- Growing lasting relationships with our clients, understanding their needs, and consistently delivering quality client services
- Monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Bringing a strategic mindset and structured approach to problem solving, motivated by intellectual curiosity
- Conducting guided quantitative and qualitative analysis using tech-enabled tools to form insights
- Developing an understanding of professional services, technology, and the broader business environment
- Communicating your ideas with poise to stakeholders through effective written and oral communication
- Managing deliverables with self-direction and a commitment to quality
- Investing in the professional development of yourself and your team members with enthusiasm
- Developing specific technology skills relevant to engagement and project work
- Continuously updating your understanding of current business and industry trends
- Troubleshooting data compatibility issues
- Performing detailed analyses of relevant data, with recommendations as appropriate; use creative problem-solving skills
- Identifying essential facts; summarize case information
- Expected to undertake other duties as assigned, including out-of-state travel
- This position requires travel to client sites and Kroll offices.
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ work experience with data management, data analytics, forensics, AI/TAR and/or technology related role
- B.Sc./B.A., Paralegal Certificate, or commensurate work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Operating System
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Data Analytics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance or other STEM designation
- Proficient with data engineering fundamentals including data extraction, transformation and load using databases with large data volumes
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Commitment to obtaining outstanding results, delivering high quality work with a client centric mindset
- Understanding of financial and accounting system data (e.g. ERP, trading, compliance)
- Significant experience in the design, development, and review of complex SQL and/or Python scripts
- Demonstratable technical experience with some of the following:
- Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, MongoDB, Neo4j
- Scripting and exploration: Python, R, SQL
- Visualization: Power BI, Tableau, Data Studio, Spotfire
- Big data: Spark, Hadoop, Blockchain, Data Lakes
- Cloud computing: Azure, AWS
- Additional desired skills will include the following:
- Knowledge and application of statistical techniques
- Understanding and/or development of machine learning approaches, including Natural Language Processing and pattern recognition techniques
- Knowledge of network analysis techniques and when/how to apply them
- Working knowledge of a broad range of software programs and file formats, and the ability to successfully troubleshoot data compatibility issues
- Ability to think analytically and critically
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems while exhibiting good judgment
- Commitment to producing high quality analysis
- Able to create letters, tables, and memoranda in Word using available templates
- Internet research skills including knowledge of search engines, key word searches, and electronic resources
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and respond appropriately to unexpected delays or schedule changes
- Ability to operate independently, using independent judgment and discretion in analyses
- Commitments to providing professional services and have strong team orientation
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and set goals
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
- Strong logical reasoning skills
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.