Associate, Compliance Risk and DiligenceJob ID 20001034 São Paulo, Brazil Apply now
***Advanced or fluent Portuguese language proficiency in reading comprehension is required.
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps and part of the Governance, Risk, Investigations and Disputes business unit, is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security, and data and information management services.
Through a combination of in-depth subject matter expertise, global research capabilities and flexible technology tools, the Compliance Risk and Diligence practice of Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, helps clients take a risk-based approach toward meeting obligations or remediating failures regarding anti-bribery, anti-corruption and related regulatory mandates. These include pre-transactional intelligence; vendor, supplier and distributor due diligence; vendor management platform; leadership/executive vetting; sanctions screening and monitoring; country/industry risk; and bespoke inquiries.
We currently have opportunities for Portuguese language researchers. The right candidate will have outstanding English reading and writing skills, advanced proficiency in reading comprehension in the Portuguese language, meticulous attention to detail, a sense of curiosity, the ability to learn quickly, and a dedication to client satisfaction. Having advanced proficiency in reading comprehension in the Spanish language is a bonus.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
• Conduct in-depth research in English & Portuguese (and/or Spanish) languages, regarding companies and individuals using public record databases, commercial and proprietary databases, media sources and the internet
• Analyze research, organize findings and synthesize relevant information
• Write well structured, logical and objective reports regarding assessments on the status, legitimacy, general background, and overall reputation of a company and its principals
• Manage multiple assignments from start to finish, conducting extensive Internet, database, and media research into companies and individuals to provide our clients with an accurate assessment of the status, legitimacy, general background, and overall reputation of a subject company and its principals
• Extremely strong English-language writing skills is required
• Undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited university majoring in: International Relations/Affairs, Regional Studies, Political Science, Criminal Justice, Law or other related areas of study required
• Advanced proficiency or fluency in Spanish language, in reading comprehension is a bonus
• 1-2 years of professional work experience (including internships) is required
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to quickly and effectively summarize information from multiple sources into concise analytical assessments
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to accept and apply constructive feedback
• Ability to prioritize several projects and assignments on multiple topics while meeting tight deadlines
• Customer-service orientation with a dedication to quality
• Interest and understanding of current events, international affairs, economics and/or finance
• Availability to work a full-time schedule with the understanding that additional hours and weekend work may be required
Please attach or upload a copy of your resume in English for further review.
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
- Associate, Business Intelligence and Investigations Bogotá, Bogota D.C.
- Senior Manager, Compliance Risk and Diligence Reston, Virginia
- Vice President, Cyber Risk Hong Kong, Central and Western District
- Vice President, Cyber Risk Singapore, Singapore
Explore Your Potential
Promote Program at Duff & Phelps
From investigations to compliance to cyber security, we provide services for organizations at every stage of their challenges.
How do we give our clients peace of mind? At Duff & Phelps, our disciplined thought process helps us dig deep to challenge assumptions.
Growth and You at Duff & Phelps
Our approach to ongoing education includes formal training curriculum and on-the-job learning.
Network of Women
Since 2012, Duff & Phelps' Network of Women (NOW) attracts, develops and retains women at all levels of the firm.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.