Editor, Compliance Risk and DilligenceJob ID 19001434 Reston, Virginia Apply now
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps and part of the Governance, Risk, Investigations and Disputes business unit, is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security, and data and information management services.
Through a combination of in-depth subject matter expertise, global research capabilities and flexible technology tools, the Compliance Risk and Diligence practice of Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, helps clients take a risk-based approach toward meeting obligations or remediating failures regarding anti-bribery, anti-corruption and related regulatory mandates. These include pre-transactional intelligence; vendor, supplier and distributor due diligence; vendor management platform; leadership/executive vetting; sanctions screening and monitoring; country/industry risk; and bespoke inquiries.
Our Editors are asked to be able to complete assignments with high levels of quality and within tight deadlines. If you have extensive experience editing business documents, you may be suitable for this role. This position is 100% remote: you can telecommute full-time.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore, and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Capable of creating and maintaining copy quality that matches company standards and meets deadlines
- Review & Edit a high volume of due diligence reports, checking them for correct grammar, spelling, and clarity as well as sentence, paragraph, and document structure
- Familiar with the elementary rules of usage, elementary principles of composition, and words and expressions commonly misused
- Ability to give constructive criticism and feedback
- Demonstrate a passion for helping people generate prose that is compelling, clear, and direct
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Professional Writing, Journalism, Communications or related area is required
- 2+ years of editing experience in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate efficiently under tight deadlines
- Newspaper or magazine experience preferred
- Exceptional skills in grammar, spelling, punctuation, syntax and vocabulary
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Knowledge of standard style guides
- Self-starter, independent worker who will be responsive to our staff
- Availability to work 40 hours per week with a 9:00am to 5:30pm EST schedule
- Availability to work extended hours when needed
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
Kroll is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities). If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our recruiting team at email@example.com or +1 (212) 833-3293 for assistance.
Kroll will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including fair chance laws. You can find more information about your city’s fair chance laws here: Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Philadelphia.
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
What We Do
From investigations to compliance to cyber security, we provide services for organizations at every stage of their challenges.
How do we give our clients peace of mind? At Duff & Phelps, our disciplined thought process helps us dig deep to challenge assumptions.
Visit our intelligence center to read our latest Kroll insights.
Network of Women
Since 2012, Duff & Phelps' Network of Women (NOW) attracts, develops and retains women at all levels of the firm.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.