Intern, Business Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 19002456 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here.
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, consistently provides firms with the professional investigative consulting expertise necessary to resolve conflict through fact-finding and critical analysis. We have conducted thousands of investigations worldwide and have an unmatched track record of resolving disputes and working with in-house and outside counsel to successfully conduct and conclude internal or regulatory inquiries. Our experts help organizations with their critical fact finding when they need to conduct internal investigations or to examine allegations of wrongdoing. Whether or not actual misconduct is discovered, such inquiries, and their aftermath, can pose serious risks to companies and their stakeholders, damaging their reputation, disrupting their business operations and exposing them to government scrutiny, as well as to potential criminal, civil and regulatory liability. Kroll's investigative services and expertise have helped clients successfully resolve investigations promptly and with minimal business disruption.
During the internship, students will be able to develop their research and analytical skills, with the opportunity to carry out the following tasks:
- Carry out research by using databases, internet and public domain tools.
- Document and e-mail review and analysis.
- Communicate regularly with colleagues to inform of progress of case work, highlighting key issues where necessary.
- Organize case files, maintain accurate research records
- Currently pursuing Bachelor's or Master’s degree in International Relations/Affairs, Journalism, Global Affairs, Regional Studies, Political Science, Law or other related areas of study, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or Management (with a concentration in Accounting, Finance or Economics), a degree focused on complex problem solutions from an accredited university or college
- Expected graduation date between December 2020 and September 2022
- Minimum current cumulative GPA of 3.3
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Ability to master new tasks and industries quickly
- Demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Demonstrated commitment to obtaining outstanding results
- Computer proficiency and ability to maximize applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll/Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
Kroll is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities). If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (212) 833-3293 for assistance.
Kroll will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including fair chance laws. You can find more information about your city’s fair chance laws here: Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Philadelphia.
EXPLORE YOUR POTENTIAL
What We Do
From investigations to compliance to cyber security, we provide services for organizations at every stage of their challenges.
How do we give our clients peace of mind? At Duff & Phelps, our disciplined thought process helps us dig deep to challenge assumptions.
Visit our intelligence center to read our latest Kroll insights.
Network of Women
Since 2012, Duff & Phelps' Network of Women (NOW) attracts, develops and retains women at all levels of the firm.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.