Senior Associate, Portfolio ValuationJob ID 21008185 Paris, France Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Our Portfolio Valuation offers specific valuation services dedicated to asset managers, including private equity firms, family offices, institutional investors, focused on the valuation of alternative investments, specifically securities and positions for which there are no "active market" quotations (Portfolio Valuation).
We are currently seeking a Senior Associate for our Valuation Advisory Services practice, with a specialization in Portfolio Valuation, having a professional experience in finance and/or accounting, and sound knowledge of the alternative investment industry, to work on the valuation of a wide range of illiquid investments (private capital, private debt, venture capital, infrastructure) broadly distributed across industries and geographies.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- Performing valuation analysis for a wide range of public and private investment funds.
- Understanding the invested entity's business model and strategy, as well as the industry challenges.
- Interviewing investment managers to gather data and information pertinent to the engagement.
- Analysing financial statements and business plans.
- Selecting and applying the appropriate valuation approaches in compliance with the best standards of the alternative asset industry and notably IPEV guidelines.
- Preparing and presenting the results of the analysis in a clear, concise and argued manner.
- Supervising and mentoring junior staff for analyses, reports, and presentations.
- Building client relationships and acting as a direct contact with current and prospective clients
- Drafting proposals, presentations and publications communicated to current and prospective clients
- Attending relevant industry events allowing to gain knowledge and experience within the alternative asset industry.
- Graduated from a leading Business or Engineering School.
- Minimum 3–4-year experience in finance (audit, valuation, M&A, Private Equity, other financial analyses).
- Sound technical knowledge in valuation methods and accounting (knowledge of IPEV rules being an added advantage).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to prioritize tasks and work on multiple assignments.
- Highly proficient in written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrated leadership experience including managing and developing client relationships.
- Taste for teamwork, as well as for supervising and coaching junior staff.
- Robust capacity in financial modelling and mastery of software tools.
- Fluent in French and English, written and spoken
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.