Senior Associate, Commercial Disputes - Expert ServicesJob ID 21009148 Paris, France Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
The Commercial Expert Analysis department works closely with lawyers to assist in the resolution of disputes, and, where appropriate, working closely with teams within the firm providing specialist advice to companies. This means a wide and varied exposure for you to be able to develop and gain further skills in areas such as complex litigation and disputes including quantifying damages, determining contract disputes, or providing commercial and strategic advice.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
As a Senior Associate, you will gain unparalleled exposure to significant, high-profile projects relating to disputes matters, often working closely with colleagues in different business units or jurisdictions. In addition, your career and development opportunities are vast with exposure to clients and lawyers from day one. Being part of a specialist group, but within a truly global firm, means your personal impact will be instant but will be supported by an ambitious full service professional services firm. As a Senior Associate, your forensic accounting work will cover all stages of disputes, including:
- Providing advice in the initial stages of a dispute and assisting to scope the work required.
- Providing technical accounting advice and financial analysis to lawyers in order to help progress cases.
- Assisting with the drafting of expert witness reports.
- Assisting directors or managing directors during a court or tribunal hearing.
- Building client relationships, identifying, and sourcing new work, and new product development.
- Preferably an external audit background, or alternatively forensic accounting / transaction services / other accounting experience.
- Excellent report writing skills, in French and English (any other language welcomed)
- The ability to explain complex, technical issues in an understandable manner.
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving, as well as being able to develop innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Critical thinker with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong numeracy skills with the ability to process and analyse large volumes of data.
- Excellent communication skills with clients and colleagues.
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team.
- Ability to simultaneously handle diverse and pressing assignments and sensitive and adversarial situations.
- Commercial awareness and general business understanding
- Competent in the use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- The ability to establish effective working relationships with a strong client focus.
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.