Intern, Portfolio ValuationJob ID 21008753 Paris, France Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
As a market leader in providing illiquid portfolio pricing valuation, our Portfolio Valuation practice specialises in the valuation of private investments – specifically, financial instruments, businesses, and assets for which there is no "active market" quotations available. We work with clients such as hedge funds, private equity and venture capital funds, credit funds, and special situations funds.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
Portfolio Valuation Interns work on a variety of assignments, specifically to the alternative investment community, including private equity and hedge funds, in connection with our assisting those clients with valuation issues surrounding their alternative investment positions.
- Performance of in-depth research of capital markets, industries and competitors as well as analyses of target companies, e.g., in terms of market strength, strategic fit, and business model / business plans
- Performing valuation analysis on a wide range of illiquid investments broadly distributed across industries and geographies while using accepted and relevant approaches and theory.
- Designing financial models for discounted cash flow, market multiple, market transaction and option pricing analyses.
- Analysis of capital markets and assessment of cost of capital according to CAPM
- Assisting the team with interviewing clients, including face-to-face meetings, to gather data and information pertinent to the engagement
- Assisting in the development of presentations and publications communicated to clients
- Attending relevant industry events to broaden your knowledge and experience within the alternative investments industry
- Gap year/End-of-of studies long term internship (6 months) in a pre-recruitment context
- Prior practical experience (apprenticeship or internship) in finance (audit, valuation, M&A, Private Equity, other financial analyses)
- Courses in business administration / finance in one of the top leading Business or Engineering Schools
- Robust capacity in financial modelling and mastery of software tools.
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment
- Excellent French and English required
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.