Vice President, Financial Instruments and TechnologyJob ID 21002939 New York, New York Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll’s Financial Instruments and Technoloy practice prepares transparent valuations of illiquid investments and complex securities and liquidity solutions through secondary market transactions.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
Analyze and value Commercial Real Estate debt products including: Whole Loans, Investment Grade Conduit CMBS, CMBS B-Pieces, single-borrower transactions, CMBS re-remics, and CRE CDOs, European CMBS. Candidate will also be exposed to full range of structured products asset classes.
- Perform valuation and other analyses of CMBS portfolios and CRE loan portfolios
- Candidate should have a strong understanding of structures and collateral, as well as an understanding of the discounted cash flow valuation approach,
- Fundamental loan analysis—loan-level performance assessment, cash flow projections, property value assumptions, NOI growth curve and cap rate application to current financial data, etc.
- Maintain model applications—creation of alternative valuation methods and initial parameter checks
- Perform market surveillance, including analysis of issuer, collateral, and deal performance
- Reverse engineer complex transaction structures using advanced Excel cash flow modeling, bank proprietary systems, or third party platforms
- Determine valuation inputs, as well as appropriate secondary market spreads
- Work as part of a team in analyzing secondary trading market activity, underlying loan or security performance, and new issue activity if applicable
- Independently price portfolios of CMBS securities and clearly articulate and support valuation conclusions.
- Conduct research, draft reports and make presentations
- Work as part of a team to provide a wide range of advisory services, including valuation, risk analysis and portfolio solutions
- Bachelors or Masters in a quantitative discipline from an accredited college or university and an in-depth knowledge of finance, mathematics and statistics as it applies to the financial markets
- 5 + years of relevant work experience.
- Understanding of collateral risk characteristics, deal structures, terms, and conditions
- Programming (e.g. Visual Basic)
- Experience with third party systems such as Bloomberg, Intex and Trepp
- Strong credit training and quantitative skills, solid foundation in fixed income mathematics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.