Manager II, Compliance Risk and DiligenceJob ID 21004310 New York, New York Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Through a combination of in-depth subject matter expertise, global research capabilities and flexible technology tools, the Compliance Risk and Diligence practice of Kroll, helps clients take a risk-based approach toward meeting obligations or remediating failures regarding anti-bribery, anti-corruption and related regulatory mandates. These include pre-transactional intelligence; vendor, supplier and distributor due diligence; vendor management platform; leadership/executive vetting; sanctions screening and monitoring; country/industry risk; and bespoke inquiries.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
RESPONSIBILITIES (with a cryptocurrency focus):
The Vice President (Manager) role, within the Compliance Risk and Diligence practice, specifically the Financial Crime’s Compliance Risk team, is an individual who has a thorough understanding of cryptocurrency as it is applied and related anti-money laundering (AML) and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements, especially as they relate to institutions and organizations involved in financial transactions.
The first step is to help our clients understand fraud and corruption risks relevant to each specific industry and business model in which they operate. We then work to design, enhance and implement proper controls and procedures. And when problems arise, we offer pragmatic assistance to investigate, mitigate and protect the company’s reputation and assets.
The successful candidate will act as a subject matter expert in our offerings related to Crypto AML program design and assessment, gap analysis, risk assessment, investigation of fraud, and training and development programs, incident response and many other aspects related to cryptocurrency.
- Provide AML, Sanctions, and ABC subject matter and policy expertise to directly support client projects.
- Advise on KYC policies and applicable laws and regulations, including beneficial ownership/CDD, and PEP relationships.
- Assist with preparation, coordination, and execution of client AML, Sanctions, and ABC risk assessments.
- Assess materiality of adverse information referrals and surveillance alerts.
- Evaluate customer due diligence reports and manage enhanced due diligence process.
- Keep up to date on industry developments through regular participation in AML related forums and training.
- A deep understanding of the global regulatory requirements.
- Participate in global Compliance initiatives, working closely with counterparts.
- Help to efficiently manage complex projects.
- 10 – 15 years’ experience.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Master's Degree is a plus.
- CAMS Certification is a plus.
- CBP / CEP Certifications is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of BSA/AML regulatory and OFAC/ sanctions compliance requirements; strong ability to quickly grasp and identify applicability to a wide range of business elements including products, services, operations and systems globally.
- Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues and synthesize large amounts of information.
- Outstanding at written and speaking skills; must be able to write reports, and demonstrate an ability to convey the complexity of blockchain and cryptocurrencies in a simple and easy way.
- Strong understanding of industry leading blockchain protocols and platforms.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to organize and bring order to data and information, drawing conclusions and making appropriate recommendations.
- Experience working within consulting.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Kroll is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.