Director, Global CommunicationsJob ID 21003989 New York, New York Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
We are seeking a creative, results-driven public relations director to lead our PR efforts and help elevate our brand to new heights. Reporting to the global head of corporate communications, you will be responsible for overseeing the development and execution of various publicity campaigns, ensuring that our brand image remains consistent and positive while expanding it to a wider audience. As the company continues to unify multiple B2B brands under the Kroll brand, this role will be critical in helping position the company for its next phase of growth.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
To be successful in this role, the PR director should be an excellent leader with a deep understanding of the latest PR trends and technologies. The top candidate will be a brilliant communicator, capable of representing our brand effectively to the public. The responsibilities include:
- Oversee the daily operations of the company’s PR efforts.
- Collaborate with the business units and marketing team to plan and execute publicity campaigns.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with media organizations and important influencers.
- Speak on behalf of the company in interviews and press conferences.
- Track campaign success and media coverage.
- Present reports on the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Ensure brand consistency in all PR content.
- Manage PR budgets.
- Manage sensitive issues to maintain company’s good reputation, which may include addressing negative press or PR crises if they occur.
- Set objectives for the PR program and monitoring performance
- Arrange interviews and press releases to promote our company and its products/services
- Manage institutional and cross-border PR announcements, in coordination with the firm’s global PR agencies and marketing partners
- Write succinct, engaging content for a variety of communications mediums, including the media, firm intranet, email, social media and video channels, with an ability to “de-jargon” complex concepts.
- Serve as member of the Global Communications editorial team, maintaining the firm’s writing standards and promoting best in class communications to the rest of the firm.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, journalism or relevant field.
- 10-12 years’ experience in PR with preference for PR agency or in-house experience in a financial or professional services environment
- Proven work experience as a Public Relations (PR) Director, PR Manager or similar role supervising and managing a public relations program.
- Established connections with media outlets and influential accounts and strong experience pitching and drafting content for media
- Portfolio of successful campaigns you have overseen.
- Expert knowledge of social media, online PR, and internet culture.
- Ability to conduct market research and present reports.
- Strong leadership and team collaboration skills.
- Creative thinking with an affinity for innovation and problem-solving.
- Strong storyteller with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter with a willingness to ask questions and take a task from start to finish independently
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.