Chief Information Technology OfficerJob ID 21007178 New York, New York; London, United Kingdom; Hyderabad, India Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll is seeking a Chief Technology Officer who will blend expertise in architecture, infrastructure, network, cloud, end user compute, and production operations with a passion for coaching, mentoring, and developing managers and associates. This person is deeply committed to contributing value to Kroll’s customers and clients. The CTO will partner with other Kroll leaders to establish and to influence our strategic decisions, solution development and work priorities to support an integrated software and professional services business. The goal is to evolve and nurture a world-class, modern technology function, that is both market driven and forward thinking, and to ensure the organization has the technological capability and capacity to enable the agile development and delivery of new and improved products to provide stronger client experiences.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
This leader will actively bring new ideas, approaches, and insights to improve the work and develop new skills and capabilities in their area, enabling associate growth while adding greater value. The CTO will be committed to developing their own expertise and knowledge to bring the latest thinking to their role and empower others with that knowledge. The team will be committed to providing leadership through practical architectural design, problem solving, developing prototypes, modeling, documentation, and peer relationships in partnership with Kroll’s technology and business leaders. This leader will apply their expertise to Kroll’s most technically challenging problems with a focus on providing infrastructure resiliency and day to day operational efficiency ensuring Kroll meets their service goals for their customers/clients. They must possess deep expertise in modern application stacks and loosely coupled architectures, strong leadership and collaboration skills and proven expertise in delivering large scale technology implementations.
- Establish strategies for enterprise systems
- Network and voice (Telecommunications)
- Collaboration tools and end user systems
- Compute and endpoint devices (laptops, tablets, mobile, VDI)
- Data center, server, storage, virtualization, and cloud
- ServiceDesk, end user support, and ITSM (IT service Management)
- Enterprise Architecture
- Asset Management
- Guide the operations and management of the infrastructure, networking, service desk, enterprise architecture, and end user compute teams
- Define the technology vision, strategy, and roadmap in alignment with the overall Kroll digital business strategy.
- Leverage technology innovation as an enabler to business transformation
- Identify emerging technologies that will enable operational efficiencies and new capabilities
- Drive a strategy for continuous improvement of end user experience
- Effectively partner across Kroll business lines to understand the unique business and architectural needs of each business unit and ensure the technical strategy meets those requirements.
- Demonstrate a Product delivery mindset, and drive capabilities and culture enabling expedited go-to-market strategies
- Work in an agile environment with a continual improvement mindset and strong inter-discipline integration.
- Inspire and lead a diverse team of professionals from multiple functional areas.
- Lead a large global team providing support to business teams in ~40 countries
- Manage the budget, financial planning, and reconciliations
- Establish an Enterprise Architecture capability and lead the Architecture Council/Review Board.
- Demonstrate good communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills with which you influence decisions and engage across Kroll and at all levels of the organization.
- Proactively develop and share your knowledge, expertise and perspectives and build the same expectation with your team members and business partners.
- Identify existing gaps and ensure prioritization for the enterprise technology organization: monitoring progress, distilling key learnings, and sharing feedback with the wider organization for alignment and adjustment.
- Respect Kroll’s culture, values and operating style. Establish credibility, influence and relationships across the enterprise, including the senior leadership team.
- Lead and manage via influence; engender confidence and “followership” with a blend of strategic thinking, creativity; mobilize, execute and deliver.
- Run the organization effectively in order to meet Enterprise requirements within favorable budget parameters and showing financial discipline and stewardship across the enterprise.
- Serve as the spokesperson for enterprise technology themes within the firm, as well as more broadly across the industry.
- Partner with leaders across the organization to influence strategic decisions and priorities and remove strategic impediments to delivering value.
- Measure performance through established objectives and metrics that deliver agreed upon business, technology, and people results.
- Ensure the solutions that are delivered meet high standards for quality, performance, and scale.
- Look for ways to reduce cycle time, increase velocity and increase release frequency for teams in the Agile model.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or technical field preferred.
- Seasoned strategist with 15+ years of leadership experience across Infrastructure, Networking, Cloud, and technology operations 15+ years managing global teams
- Demonstrated ability in finance and budget management
- 10+ years Cloud experience managing large Azure and AWS environments. Multicloud and Hybrid environments preferred
- Proven experience with SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
- Experience managing end-user compute including collaboration and communication tools
- Experience with ISO27000 series of standardsExperience in provide global data privacy compliant environments and systems
- Experience providing internal and B2B solutions
- Experience in delivering transactional (OLTP), analytical (OLAP), Office Automation (OAS), Knowledge Work System (KWS), Management information (MIS), Decision/Executive Support (DSS, ESS) systems
- Experience developing and implementing large scale (multi-petabyte) data and analytical environments
- Experience influencing and working collaboratively at all levels of the organization.
- Comfortability navigating a highly matrixed organization collaborating with various stakeholders.
- A data-focused approach to decision making.
- Leads with empathy. Recognizes others, listens intently, holds others accountable, and makes diversity and inclusion a priority. Promotes a culture of trust, transparency, fairness, innovation, collaboration, inclusion, and diversity of thought; empowers individuals.
- Communicates effectively in small and large group formats. Able to articulate a compelling vision and purpose that excites the team and drives outstanding performance and service delivery excellence.
- Talent magnet that acts as a talent developer and talent scout, proactively engages external talent, builds and nurtures internal talent; empowers individuals and manages diverse teams to drive engagement and performance.
- Possesses a high level of intellectual curiosity and learning agility. A natural change agent with a combination of vision and execution skills; a technical leader with a hands-on mentality.
- Understands nuance and how to drive change through influence across a complex business.
- Known as a creative leader with proven ability to implement new ideas and strategies, while having a strong product and innovation vision that has led organizations to realize innovative and creative goals.
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.