Analyst, Financial Instruments and TechnologyJob ID 21007131 New York, New York Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
As a market leader in providing illiquid portfolio analysis, our Alternative Asset Management professionals assist clients in the valuation of alternative investments, specifically for securities and positions for which there are no active market quotations available. Our professionals have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects with exposure to the bespoke investment structures and asset classes of our institutional investor clientele. Our Analysts receive world-class training, outstanding benefits, strong career progression, competitive salaries and relocation assistance when applicable.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
The Analyst will provide a range of valuation advisory services specifically to the alternative investment community including private equity and hedge funds, business development companies, pensions and endowments, in connection with our assisting those clients with valuation issues surrounding their alternative investment positions.
- Reviewing investment memoranda, governing documents of structured investments, board of directors’ presentations, and client models
- Assisting team with interviewing clients, including preparing information request lists, participating in face-to-face meetings, to gather data and information pertinent to the engagement
- Designing financial models for discounted cash flow, market multiple, market transaction and option pricing analyses
- Performing valuation analysis on a wide range of illiquid investments broadly distributed across industries and geographies while using accepted and relevant approaches and theory
- Compiling statistical summaries of companies’ financial information, developing and computing financial ratios, and presenting the analyses in an organized manner and/or using our standard formats and presentations
- Working with management with building and maintaining client relationships
- Reporting and presenting analyses and conclusions including written reports, including assisting in the presentation of work products and conclusions internally to clients
- Attending relevant industry events to broaden your knowledge and experience within the alternative asset industry
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or MBA
- Minimum 1 year of constructing and reviewing valuation models and other financial models including: enterprise valuation using DCF & market approaches, and other structured investment models
- Credit analysis or structured securities experience is a plus: CLOs, CMBS, RMBS, etc., Intex or other tools
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- A fundamental understanding of financial valuation theory, methodologies, and applications
- Excellent understanding of financial statements analysis with the ability to work through key assumptions, implicit caveats, and limitations
- Excellent attention to detail, strong work ethic, and ability to managing multiple ongoing assignments
- Knowledge of software packages including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
Ready to get started? In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com. Once you have applied, you will receive a survey from Career Spark to complete – this step is mandatory if you wish to be considered.
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
The current salary range for this position is $60,000 to $90,000