Personal improvement and growth are taken seriously here. The flexibility to work on both proactive and reactive cyber security engagements has greatly expanded my exposure and abilities in serving our clients.
Vice President, Cyber Risk
What makes a successful Cyber Security employee at Duff & Phelps? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Relationship expertise
- Technologically inquisitive
Duff & Phelps offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Intern leads to Associate, Cyber Risk
Associate, Cyber Risk leads to Senior Associate, Cyber Risk
Senior Associate, Cyber Risk leads to Vice President, Cyber Risk
Vice President, Cyber Risk leads to Senior Vice President, Cyber Risk
Senior Vice President, Cyber Risk leads to Associate Managing Director, Cyber Risk
Associate Managing Director, Cyber Risk ends this path
At Kroll Cyber Risk, I find the collaboration and real sense of teamwork very inspiring. Personal egos are not encouraged! Communication with senior management is also straightforward and responsive. An excellent working environment.
Bill AndersonVice President, APAC Cyber Risk, Singapore
Opportunities for new cyber challenges, knowledge, and career growth are plentiful here. Not only is your success supported through regular professional training, the entire global team also contributes to information sharing via collaboration tools and weekly group presentations. We truly work as a global team and no one ever hesitates to step up and help.
David KloppAMD, Cyber Risk, Singapore
At Kroll you have the opportunity to learn different aspects of cyber security allowing you to develop a set of skills beneficial to your career growth and development. Kroll invests in cyber security and each employee can receive sponsorship for cyber training. In addition, they encourage a work life balance allowing you to do different things for yourself and the team.
Rick LiSenior Associate, Cyber Risk, Hong Kong
The Kroll Cyber team has a great culture. Everyone is down to earth and willing to help each other out. There are no big egos to contend with, which makes for a vibrant and collaborative working environment. One of the significant differences between Kroll Cyber and other places I have worked is how easy it is to work across international teams. There are no bureaucratic processes; all it takes is a quick conversation to organise logistics.
Mark FarleySenior Vice President, EMEA Cyber Risk, London
Working for the group is awesome, from the amazing culture to a diverse range of projects undertaken. The benefits of being in a global team and collaborative knowledge sharing is unparalleled compared to competitors. Everyday can be different, however it typically consists of helping clients improve their cyber security, constant learning and problem solving.
Hassan MahmudAssociate, EMEA Cyber Risk, London
One of the things I appreciate most from being at this company is the feeling of support. Whether that be helping to develop my work product, ensuring I receive sufficient training, or affording me flexibility when life demands it, I always have the sense that Kroll has my back, and that is a valuable thing indeed.
Ben HawkinsSenior Managing Consultant, EMEA Cyber Risk, London
Ongoing training and development opportunities at all levels of the firm through programs such as Duff & Phelps University, The Promote Program and Network of Women.
As a global firm, our benefits vary by country.
Be part of a flexible and diverse team that encourages and supports your personal and professional growth.
DescriptionJob ID 21000053 Nashville, Tennessee Apply now
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps and part of the Governance, Risk, Investigations and Disputes business unit, is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security, and data and information management services.
Kroll’s Cyber Risk team works on thousands of cybersecurity related incidents and engagements a year, including some of the most complex and highest profile matters in the world. With experts based around the world, supported by ground-breaking technology, we can help protect our client’s data, people, operations and reputation with innovative investigations, response, and proactive services.
Our clients also count on us for rapid, expert support in the event of a cyber incident or attack; we help clients of all sizes respond to incidents and restore stability through deep incident response, investigations, and digital forensics services as well as through eDiscovery, breach notification, identity monitoring and restoration services for individuals affected by a data breach.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for internal sales support and MDR service demonstrations.
- Coordinate and conduct in-depth overviews and technical demonstrations of the service to new and prospective clients.
- Effectively evaluate and scope client technical needs and provide creative and effective solutions.
- Lead periodic service update calls and briefings with existing clients.
- Collaborate with the sales team, engagement managers, and other team members to support client needs, scope services, and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Coordinate and participate in the various onboarding, service delivery, training, and technical and operational support tasks to ensure timely and effective delivery of services.
- Participate in client teleconference calls and meetings, addressing client needs and providing appropriate feedback and advice.
- Work effectively with Kroll’s strategic partners as applicable to the services.
- Maintain technical knowledge and proficiency in the underlying cyber security technical tools, processes, and technologies required to deliver the services.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher; degrees in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Computer Engineering, or similar technical degree preferred.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in information security/cyber security with meaningful experience in threat hunting, detection, and response.
- Previous sales or pre-sales experience preferred.
- Ability to respond rapidly, multi-task, and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients, team members, and engagement managers.
- Must be detail and process oriented, requiring demonstrated excellence in time management,project management and prioritization.
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively deliver and manage on-line meetings, videoconference calls, and presentations.
- Must be able to listen carefully to client needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Must be able to think independently, critically, and exercise good business judgement and maintain professional demeanor in all client and colleague interactions.
- Must be enthusiastic, flexible, and collaborative.
- Must have outstanding communication, client relationship management, and problem resolution skills, with the ability to effectively advise leadership.
- Possess a solid understanding of Windows operating system fundamentals, architecture, and administration concepts (DLL’s, processes, networking, file system, registry). Equivalent understanding of MacOS and/or Linux systems preferred.
- Have demonstrable experience actively using endpoint threat detection and response (EDR) products to investigate threats such as VMWare Carbon Black, Windows Defender ATP, Crowdstrike Falcon, Sentinel One, Trend Micro XDR, Tanium, or others.
- Possess a basic understanding of common threat actor techniques, malware behavior and persistence mechanisms.
- Proficient in building and delivering presentations using PowerPoint or similar tools.
- Relevant cyber security certifications including CISSP, GCIA, GCIH, GCFA, GMON, or GREM a plus.
- Have availability for occasional after-hours, weekends, and/or holiday work in response to active incidents or client needs.
- Must be a US citizen or a green card holder
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
Explore Your Potential
Promote Program at Duff & Phelps
From investigations to compliance to cyber security, we provide services for organizations at every stage of their challenges.
How do we give our clients peace of mind? At Duff & Phelps, our disciplined thought process helps us dig deep to challenge assumptions.
Growth and You at Duff & Phelps
Our approach to ongoing education includes formal training curriculum and on-the-job learning.
Network of Women
Since 2012, Duff & Phelps' Network of Women (NOW) attracts, develops and retains women at all levels of the firm.