I work with some of the smartest people in this business. My job affords me the opportunity to analyze different companies and meet and work with new people. We work hard and provide our clients with the best possible service, but at the same time my position provides me the flexibility I need with a family.
Senior Associate, Transaction Advisory ServicesMunich, Germany; Frankfurt am Main, Germany
What makes a successful Transaction Advisory employee at Kroll? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Relationship expertise
- Deadline oriented
Kroll offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Analyst leads to Senior Associate
Senior Associate leads to Vice President
Vice President leads to Director
Director leads to Managing Director
Managing Director ends this path
Kroll advised the Oneida Group on the sale of its Commercial Foodservice division to Crown Brands.
Kroll advised Hampshire Pet Products, LLC on its acquisition by Red Collar Pet Foods.
Ongoing training and development opportunities at all levels of the firm through programs such as Kroll University, The Promote Program and Network of Women.
As a global firm, our benefits vary by country.
Our offices around the globe offer easy access to public transportation, dining, shopping, gyms and many other convenient options.
DescriptionJob ID 21004109 Munich, Germany; Frankfurt am Main, Germany Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity – not just answers – in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Duff & Phelps, a Kroll business, Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) practice provides seamless analytical advisory through the deal continuum, from transaction origination, closing, value creation to exit.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVES
Operating from more than 28 countries and 70 offices, Duff & Phelps helps clients realise business goals across M&A, restructuring, financing and other corporate transactions. We have an established, and truly global, TAS practice, that has multi-disciplinary capabilities across strategic / commercial, financial, tax, operations and IT / cyber due diligence. Duff & Phelps is rapidly growing market share, to become a major challenger to the traditional Big 4 accounting and other consulting firms, at a time of unprecedented regulatory and market upheaval.
We are now investing to grow our Technology & Digital Strategy Diligence capability, especially in our EMEA region, to complement our broader TAS capabilities. This is a rare opportunity to join – and make your own mark in – a team in its “high growth” phase, with unmatched benefits and challenges:
- Strong contribution to shaping and driving the growth of the Duff & Phelps TAS business in our EMEA region as well as globally
- High levels of responsibility and autonomy
- Contribution to work-winning, client development and execution opportunities based on an issues-lead approach across a range of sectors – variety and stretch
- Opportunities to work alongside colleagues on multi-disciplinary projects as part of a collegiate and entrepreneurial group
- Flexible and performance-based reward structure that is based on a “one-firm” approach and not constrained by territorial / personal boundaries
- Real opportunity for accelerated progression
- Receiving an intensive on the job training to increase your understanding of the mechanisms of buy- and sell-side M&A processes; and
- Your allocated mentor will support you in your personnel and professional development
The strategic objective for TAS is to expand into the corporate and private equity markets where work-winning is based more on a combination of content-lead account management and delivery rather than the traditional execution-only role with work-winning being primarily a Partner responsibility. The successful implementation of this go-to-market route requires a highly engaged, more senior team that has the experience and appetite to challenge traditional models. Key responsibilities as a Senior Associate will include:
- Work on planning, executing and delivering technology & digital transformation and transaction services, primarily operational and tech/digital due diligence in buy- and sell-side transactions, carve-outs, or in post-merger integrations
- Develop hypotheses / insights on key issues and actively contribute to the wider team discussion
- Define and conduct appropriate primary and secondary research, and quantitative analyses, to validate hypotheses and address all scope areas
- Competently build robust and transparent market models and analytical spreadsheets
- Collaborate with project team members – often across disciplines – to flag and address emerging diligence issues
- Contribute to drafting a robust, well-structured report, that captures key findings and conclusions; and
- Work closely with the broader Duff & Phelps team to ensure the application of sound project management principles and quality assurance at all stages and phases of projects
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree from a renowned university/ business school - a major in information systems, business administration, digital transformation, finance or similar is preferred
- An interest in Tech and a technology & digital enthusiast…
- Ambitious and intellectually curious
- As Senior Associate, at least three years of technology due diligence or equivalent experience
- As Senior Associate, previous internships or work experience in transaction consulting or in a comparable environment (e.g. M&A, IT, digital or strategy consulting) required
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and client relationships skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel modelling and data analysis
- Fluent in German, proficient in English; proficiency in another language, e.g. French, Spanish beneficial
- Experience working with diverse teams; and
- Flexibility to travel, as needed
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.