Personal improvement and growth are taken seriously here. The flexibility to work on both proactive and reactive cyber security engagements has greatly expanded my exposure and abilities in serving our clients.
Senior Associate, Cyber RiskMünchen, Germany
What makes a successful Cyber Security employee at Kroll? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Relationship expertise
- Technologically inquisitive
Kroll offers many career paths to support your immediate and future success.
Intern leads to Associate, Cyber Risk
Associate, Cyber Risk leads to Senior Associate, Cyber Risk
Senior Associate, Cyber Risk leads to Vice President, Cyber Risk
Vice President, Cyber Risk leads to Senior Vice President, Cyber Risk
Senior Vice President, Cyber Risk leads to Associate Managing Director, Cyber Risk
Associate Managing Director, Cyber Risk ends this path
At Kroll Cyber Risk, I find the collaboration and real sense of teamwork very inspiring. Personal egos are not encouraged! Communication with senior management is also straightforward and responsive. An excellent working environment.
Bill AndersonVice President, APAC Cyber Risk, Singapore
Opportunities for new cyber challenges, knowledge, and career growth are plentiful here. Not only is your success supported through regular professional training, the entire global team also contributes to information sharing via collaboration tools and weekly group presentations. We truly work as a global team and no one ever hesitates to step up and help.
David KloppAMD, Cyber Risk, Singapore
At Kroll you have the opportunity to learn different aspects of cyber security allowing you to develop a set of skills beneficial to your career growth and development. Kroll invests in cyber security and each employee can receive sponsorship for cyber training. In addition, they encourage a work life balance allowing you to do different things for yourself and the team.
Rick LiSenior Associate, Cyber Risk, Hong Kong
The Kroll Cyber team has a great culture. Everyone is down to earth and willing to help each other out. There are no big egos to contend with, which makes for a vibrant and collaborative working environment.
One of the significant differences between Kroll Cyber and other places I have worked is how easy it is to work across international teams. There are no bureaucratic processes; all it takes is a quick conversation to organise logistics.
Mark FarleySenior Vice President, EMEA Cyber Risk, London
Working for the group is awesome, from the amazing culture to a diverse range of projects undertaken. The benefits of being in a global team and collaborative knowledge sharing is unparalleled compared to competitors. Everyday can be different, however it typically consists of helping clients improve their cyber security, constant learning and problem solving.
Hassan MahmudAssociate, EMEA Cyber Risk, London
One of the things I appreciate most from being at this company is the feeling of support. Whether that be helping to develop my work product, ensuring I receive sufficient training, or affording me flexibility when life demands it, I always have the sense that Kroll has my back, and that is a valuable thing indeed.
Ben HawkinsSenior Managing Consultant, EMEA Cyber Risk, London
Ongoing training and development opportunities at all levels of the firm through programs such as Kroll, The Promote Program and Network of Women.
As a global firm, our benefits vary by country.
Be part of a flexible and diverse team that encourages and supports your personal and professional growth.
Senior Associate, Cyber RiskJob ID 21002610 München, Germany Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Our global cyber security team works on hundreds of cases a year, including some of the most complex and highest profile matters in the world. With our global reach of experts, supported by ground-breaking technology, we can help protect our client’s data, people, operations and reputation with innovative cyber risk assessments, investigations and reporting. We can help enable organizations to be more cyber resilient by preparing for and detecting incidents through risk assessments, penetration testing and threat detection/intelligence services. Our clients also count on Kroll for quick and expert support in the event of a cyber breach or attack. We help clients of all sizes respond to incidents and restore stability through digital forensics, breach notification, identity monitoring and restoration services for individuals affected by a data breach.
We are looking for bright, inquisitive minds who are experienced in and passionate about modern cyber security, threat hunting and incident response. You will use leading endpoint and network monitoring tools to identify, analyse, and respond to a variety of threats and threat actors impacting systems and networks around the globe.
This role has flexibility to be based near our offices in Germany, Spain, France, UAE and Saudi Arabia (Riyadh).
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- Performing threat hunting, detection and analysis of events generated by advanced endpoint threat detection and monitoring solutions, and related security tools
- Conduct threat research, forensic analysis and basic malware analysis of threats
- Perform remediation of identified threats
- Writing of threat reports associated with significant threat events
- Assist in ongoing research, development, and testing of enhanced threat detection techniques and tools
- Assist clients with questions regarding threat detections, EDR tools, deployment, and maintenance
- Assist Kroll and client incident response teams in the efficient containment and eradication of identified threats
- Low level understanding of Windows operating system architecture fundamentals (NTFS, registry, processes, binaries, DLL’s, etc.) and administration. Similar understanding of MacOS and/or Linux a plus
- Understanding of common malware behaviour and persistence mechanisms
- Working knowledge of various scripting languages and/or security and malware analysis tools such as: Python, Ruby, Unix Shell, PowerShell, Yara
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP and related networking concepts
- Prior experience using endpoint threat detection and response (EDR) products such as Carbon Black, Windows Defender ATP, Falcon, Splunk or other SIEM solutions, intrusion detection solutions, or related security products preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of information security basics especially in the realm of security incident response
- Relevant cyber security certifications including GCIA, GCIH, GCWN, CISSP, GREM a plus
- Fluency in English (working language of the organisation) is essential, other European languages a benefit
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.