Vice President, Forensic Investigations and IntelligenceJob ID 21002310 Mumbai, India Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll’s Business Intelligence & Investigations practice, South Asia is looking for a Vice President to be based in Mumbai, India.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
Responsibilities & Requirements
The candidate should have a deep understanding of India and South Asian political, economic and security issues. We are looking for a professional with at least 10 years of experience in the field of due diligence, market intelligence, asset searches, and investigations. We require an imaginative and creative thinker; a team player able to work to tight deadlines often balancing a significant and varied caseload. The candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent judgment, be commercially focused and be driven by professional excellence and a commitment to the Kroll brand. There is a significant travel commitment across the region. A strong commitment to ethical business is a must. The job will comprise of the following tasks
- Casework in South Asia; handling a broad range of primarily business intelligence and investigation projects usually for commercial clients. This requires dealing with the client; developing a methodology; directing and managing in-house and external resources, desktop research and analysis, field visits and report writing. Project teams are frequently international and multi-functional, so transparency and coordinated teamwork are vital.
- Responsibility for the complete case management cycle on investigative cases, from forecasting and managing all aspects of case finances, to ensuring that a quality service is delivered within time and budget.
- Examine and interpret the information obtained to produce in-depth and detail-orientated analysis, identifying further research that needs to be carried out and what leads need to be investigated.
- Ability to analyse and interrogate large amounts of data and present findings coherently
- Present the findings in a logical and structured manner
- Write well-structured, logical and objective reports which present the research in a client-focused manner and address the clients’ central questions and concerns.
- Assist MD/AMD to present key findings and patterns identified in the due diligence and investigation to the client.
- Monitors quality of own work product and the work of junior employees, providing guidance and assistance where necessary.
- Achieves Personal Billable Hours and Personal Development Targets.
- Managing clients and assisting in developing new clients: As a case manager, will be responsible for managing the cases end to end and engaging with the client. Also, the candidate will work with the leadership team in identifying and targeting client groups and developing a convincing and credible pitch to develop Kroll’s client base across the region. Based on their performance, the candidate will also be tested and given exposure to build new clients on their own
- Developing Kroll’s network: Identifying, targeting and recruiting new human assets across the region.
- Organise case files, maintain accurate research records and record all billable costs.
- Support the growth of the Investigations Practice through involvement in non-case-related projects and initiatives.
- Take charge of own learning needs, leverage on business opportunities, and continuously seek to improve case-work performance.
Kroll expects candidates to be intellectually curious and willing to immerse themselves in unfamiliar culture. In return, the company provides an environment where there is on-going training and unparalleled exposure to a wide range of clients and assignments.
- Experience of working in a reputable professional firm in investigative/research intensive organization or financial services firm with over 10 years of experience.
- Postgraduate with compliance / forensic experience
- CFE qualification and regulatory background desirable
- An analytical, inquisitive and logical mind.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English will be a distinct advantage.
- Advanced Microsoft office skills, with proven experience in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of working on tools such as Intella, Relativity, Tableau, etc. is an advantage.
- The position may require extensive regional and international travel.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.