Senior Consultant, Machinery and EquipmentJob ID 21007701 Mumbai, India; New Delhi, India Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Machinery & Equipment Valuation (M & E) is one such vertical of Valuation Service practices, which focuses on valuation of plant machinery & equipment, land, buildings, and other fixed assets. Members of this team are holding technical degree in graduation, post graduate in technical &/or financial stream, and are members of premium professional institutes such as Institution of Engineers, Institute of Valuers, Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, American Society of Appraisers etc.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
In general the job requires following functions to perform, including but not limited to:
- To identify potential client who may requires our services;
- Initiate preliminary discussion with the client to understand his requirement in detail;
- Prepare pitch decks and complete required internal Duff & Phelps approval process;
- Conduct site visits to the client’s facility and collect pre-defined data for analysis;
- Gaining understanding of client’s business and operations with help of plant technical and finance team;
- Develop valuation methodology and approach for identified assets;
- Having discussion with team for choice of best valuation approach;
- Conducting market survey for various classes of assets and analyze market comparable to arrive at the fair value;
- Develop valuation model for various types of asset classes;
- Writing detailed report which contains but not limited to introduction. about the client and engagement, valuation approach and methodology adopted and statement of limiting conditions;
- Addressing to all the client and/or auditor queries regarding the valuation of the subject property/assets.
We are currently looking for candidates who can handle variety of job functions, including but not limited to:
- Assist team members to prepare presentation for valuation services pitch, preparation of engagement letter, proposal, time and fee estimate etc.;
- Assisting with performing valuation analysis on a wide range of public and private entities within various industries using accepted and relevant approaches and theory;
- Willingness and ability to travel across India, South East Asia, and other Countries for site visit to client facility;
- Well versed with excel financial models and report writing skills;
- Perform market survey for various classes of asset and collect required market transaction for analysis;
- Independently gathering data pertinent to the engagement through direct client interaction and client site visits;
- Assisting in preparing and presenting the results of our analysis in a clear and concise manner;
- Assisting with the development of proposals, presentations and publications communicated to current and prospective clients;
- Performing in-depth client, industry, market and competitor research;
- Performing research for publications and industry specific insights.
- Candidate must hold Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering (Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical/ Chemical, etc.) or/ and relevant Post-Graduation from an accredited college or university;
- 3-5 years Relevant work experience which focuses on valuation of plant machinery & equipment, land, buildings, and other fixed assets valuation
- Computer proficiency and ability to maximize use of software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point;
- Should be willing to travel at short notice related to work;
- Should have valid passport at time of joining;
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to master new tasks and industries quickly;
- Demonstrated leadership experience and strong personal integrity;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment;
- Commitment to achieve outstanding results.
- Ability to manage confidential, sensitive information
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.