Senior Associate, Cyber RiskJob ID 20000586 Mumbai, India Apply now
Our professionals balance analytical skills, deep market insight and independence to deliver solid, defensible analysis and practical advice to our clients. As an organization, we think globally. We create transparency in an opaque world, and we encourage our people to do the same. That means when you take your place on our team, you’ll discover a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel. If you’re ready to share your perspective with the world, then you can make a real impact here. This is the Duff & Phelps difference
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps and part of the Governance, Risk, Investigations and Disputes business unit, is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security, and data and information management services.
Kroll’s Cyber Risk team works on over 1,500 incidents a year, including some of the most complex and highest profile matters in the world. With experts based around the world, supported by ground-breaking technology, we can help protect our client’s data, people, operations and reputation at times when they most need us.
We are seeking to further expand our already strong footprint in the Asia Pacific Region with the addition of high quality, experienced Computer Forensics and Incident Response Specialists.
This role will be based in India and the successful candidate will need proven experience of handling complex digital forensics cases independently and with an extremely high level of competence. Experience in handling data breach incidents will also be a major plus, as will a demonstrated approach to maintaining skillsets in this rapidly evolving field. The level at which the successful candidate will be hired will depend upon prior experience and core competencies.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Collecting evidence from digital systems and media across all types of devices, and follow proper evidence handling procedures and chain of custody protocols
- Conduct investigative work and forensic analysis into user activities on digital systems and have an understanding of how to create effective timelines and draw conclusions and insights based off this
- Use leading-edge technology and industry standard forensic tools and procedures to provide insight into the cause and effect of suspected Cyber intrusions.
- Participate in hands-on technical reviews including; the evaluation of Windows, Mac, and Linux systems, database configurations, application auditing, and network devices.
- Determine threat actor(s) actions including binary executions, client data modifications, system changes, lateral movement, and data theft.
- Identify and document case relevant file-system, host and network log artifacts, including browser histories, account usage, remote connections, USB devices, deleted files, and hidden data to develop authoritative timelines of activity.
- Analyze and assess risk to client’s information technology systems and enterprise environment and provide remediation recommendations.
- Take ownership of projects and deliverables including producing accurate, high quality client investigation analysis reports.
- Conduct research and analysis of the latest digital forensic trends and techniques through the use of in-hours as well as external resources.
Self-motivated and able to demonstrate a passion for this type of work. This will include evidence of research, knowledge of a diverse array of toolsets, community participation and self-learning beyond commercial training
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline preferred
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience with digital forensics, preferably with solid experience of external threat incident response and network forensics
- Forensics related certifications such as GNFA, GCFA, GCFE, GCIH, CFCE, EnCE
- Experience with multiple methods of acquiring or collecting computer artifacts, including malware, user activity, and link files from various systems
- Experience with assessing evidentiary value by triaging electronic devices, correlating forensic findings with network events to further develop an intrusion narrative
- Experience with collecting and documenting system state information, including running processes and network connections prior to imaging
- Experience with performing incident triage from a forensic perspective, including determining of scope, urgency, and potential impact
- Experience with tracking and documenting forensic analysis from initial involvement through final resolution
- Must be able to assist clients in responding rapidly and effectively to computer-related incidents and should consistently exceed expectations while working in a client-facing environment
- Have the capability to quickly identify the source of a security breach and move toward containment is essential
- Have proficiency in conducting live analysis on networks and across multiple platforms is desired. Must possess the ability to articulate well in both written and oral communications
- Must also be able to manage multiple projects on a daily basis
- Willingness to travel at short notice as required
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.