Associate Vice President, Portfolio ValuationJob ID 21004223 Mumbai, India; New Delhi, India Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
The Private Valuation Team supports the investment valuation function for private, illiquid investments acting as the interface between the investment professionals, external valuation providers, accounting outsource providers, auditors, and Global Fund Services. The Private Valuation Team focuses on adding value by providing valuation oversight and coordination of valuations and supporting documentation. We are looking to hire an Associate Vice President.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- In addition to performing monthly independent price verification for fixed income positions, oversee a team of Consultants carrying out similar tasks
- Supervising and mentoring staff on analyses, reports, and presentations
- Valuing financial derivatives, complex corporate securities and analyse equity/debt/commodities financial market data.
- Investment types include: corporate debt, preferred equity, convertible bonds etc.
- Analyze and communicate key valuation issues to senior management and front office constituents
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly Valuation Committee reports including executive summaries, detailed valuation results, ASC 820 leveling analysis and exception reports
- Review monthly and quarterly debt valuations
- Maintain Private Equity Portfolio company database
- Create materials needed for valuations committees to review and approve valuations
- Provide information for detailed responses to investors enquiries and surveys, as well as investor meetings.
- Lead projects with a team of IT specialists to enhance the existing valuations infrastructure
- Interface with front office to gather support for month end valuations
- Continuously assess existing processes versus leading best practices and propose enhancements with a focus on strengthening control environment
- Evaluate prices provided by pricing vendors and initiate challenges
- Review back testing and stale pricing reports to assess exceptions and identify trends
- Review valuation policies and procedures and recommend enhancements
- Coordinate reporting deliverables across accounting, operations and investor relations
- Compile pricing support and provide control walkthroughs to internal and external auditors
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting, Finance or similar degree preferred
- CFA and/or CPA professional designations a plus
- Experience in Alternative Investments/Hedge Funds/ industry with experience in infrastructure/ renewable energy sector
- 7+ years of work experience with last 1+ years in a Managerial role
- 5-6 years of constructing and reviewing valuation models and other financial models including: DCF, comparable company, stock option
- Strong understanding of financial products – including investment grade and high yield bonds, bank loans, convertible bonds etc.
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Motivated self-starter with a meticulous eye for detail
- Demonstrated leadership experience including managing and developing client relationships and mentoring and developing staff
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines
The candidate should be willing to travel overseas 2 to 3 times a year based on the job requirement
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.