AnalystJob ID 21009291 Mumbai, India Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Through a combination of in-depth subject matter expertise, global research capabilities and flexible technology tools, the Compliance Risk and Diligence practice helps clients take a risk-based approach toward meeting obligations or remediating failures regarding anti-bribery, anti-corruption, and related regulatory mandates. These include pre-transactional intelligence; vendor, supplier, and distributor due diligence; vendor management platform; leadership/executive vetting; sanctions screening and monitoring; country/industry risk; and bespoke inquiries.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
We are currently looking to add a skillful resource for our team in Mumbai who would work as VAT Analyst. The resource must be willing to work Monday – Friday from 12.30 noon to 9pm in a Hybrid Work environment. As a VAT Analyst, you will be part of the UK Finance team, reporting to the European VAT Manager, but will also be required to work closely with other areas of Tax, Finance and the wider business. Below shared is the description of the role viz. its responsibilities and requirements.
- Preparing UK & European VAT and EC Sales list returns and ensuring the filing requirements are met on a timely basis.
- Extracting and reconciling relevant VAT data from our financial reporting systems.
- Data analysis of monthly AR, GL and GL reports.
- Performing VAT control checks on transactions recorded in the system.
- Preparing VAT journals for review.
- Completing VAT reconciliation between GL and VAT returns.
- Liaising with internal teams, including accounts payable, finance, tax and treasury, to obtain necessary information for our indirect tax processes.
- Assisting the VAT Manager in liaison with tax authorities and internal clients on matters relating to VAT.
- Researching on VAT related queries.
- Assisting other departments with technical queries.
- Assist other members of staff in all aspects of their work as required.
- Someone with a logical and numerate mind, analytical skills, and strong attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills (English, both written and verbal), including the ability to communicate effectively across all organisation levels.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively, sufficiently motivated to be able to take ownership and plan / deliver their work;
- A team player who is confident with others and able to work within a team, with a hands-on attitude;
- Ability to work in an international environment and across cultures.
- Ability to deal with high volumes of work, sometimes in complex situations.
- A flexible attitude to work assignments and new learning.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Willingness to gain VAT technical skills.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, in particular Excel.
- Good accounting knowledge.
- A business, accounting, or law degree is preferred.
- Previous experience of indirect tax compliance in EMEA and APAC (ideally).
- Relevant VAT accounting experience.
- Language Skills: Fluent English.
- Ability to manage confidential, sensitive information.
To be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.