Tax SpecialistJob ID 21005776 Morristown, New Jersey Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant for our Addison office. This position is primarily responsible for processing detailed financial data to be used in various analyses and journal entries.
The Tax Specialist’s role is an internal tax department role with a primary emphasis on Federal, State, and International income tax law encompassing such areas as Federal, State, and International research tax research, audits, tax accounting, domestic and global legal entity acquisitions, legal entity restructuring and reorganization, and strategic planning for Duff & Phelps and its subsidiaries. He/She will assist in preparing and reviewing tax returns, along with the required disclosures, using an external provider.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- Assist in developing and coordinating Sarbanes-Oxley documentation, departmental policies, procedures and processes to minimize global tax risks
- Coordinate preparation and conduct technical legal review of all federal, state, and foreign tax returns
- Assist in completing worldwide income tax provisions timely and accurately in accordance with FAS 109
- Assist in tax account GL analysis, including current/deferred tax, property and sales tax accounts, with accounting team and subordinates
- Assist in researching multiple issues effectively in all areas of tax law, business operations, global economics and accounting
- Assist with federal, state and foreign income tax audits effectively, utilizing necessary research tools
- Interact with company’s external tax and accounting advisors regarding provision and compliance issues
- Bachelor’s Degree required;JD, Master of Taxation and/or CPA preferred
- No work experience required. A minimum of 1 year of tax experience preferred. No more than three years of work experience.
- Demonstrate knowledge of accrual basis accounting
- Demonstrate interest in basic tax research.
- Willingness to participate in multiple areas of tax, including foreign country tax regimes
- Proven ability to utilize standard business (MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint). Knowledge of tax (research and compliance) and accounting software applications a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience writing tax memoranda preferred a plus.
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
All employees must comply with Kroll’s mandatory vaccination policy, subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Senior Associate, Transaction Advisory Services London, United Kingdom
- Analyst, Valuation Services Atlanta, Georgia, United States
- Analyst, Real Estate Advisory Group Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- Senior Vendor and Risk Manager, Information Technology New York, New York, United States, Chicago, Illinois, United States