Senior Specialist, Financial ReportingJob ID 21007344 Morristown, New Jersey Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business. We value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives that enable us to think globally. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
We are looking for an accounting professional capable of managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing and fluid organization. Additionally, the candidate must have experience in general accounting, technical accounting, equity accounting, accounting policy, and SEC reporting gained in a combination of public accounting and public company environments. We value committed, detail-oriented, and thoughtful individuals who bring operational excellence as well as a creative and mindful approach to their work.
You will assist in maintaining and recording the organizations equity-based awards, researching technical accounting topics, writing accounting position papers, developing accounting policies and procedures, and preparing disclosures for financial reporting requirements. You’ll work closely with the department Director and interact with teams both in and outside of the accounting organization, including Finance, Client Service Valuation Group, Business Development, Tax, Treasury, and Legal.
- Work collaboratively with the Human Capital department to track equity awards and maintain the company’s stock ledger for preparing/recording journal entries and reporting on equity-based compensation expense.
- Draft monthly journal entries for acquisition related compensation.
- Perform quarterly Balance Sheet account reconciliations for assigned accounts.
- Review new contracts/business transactions for accounting considerations and implications. Partner with department Director and other internal constituencies to support these initiatives and provide technical accounting guidance to resolve issues.
- Assist in drafting footnote disclosures and preparing covenant calculations for quarterly and annual reporting obligations consistent with SEC and bank compliance reporting requirements.
- Assist in the preparation and review of consolidated financial statements including P&L, Balance Sheet, Stockholders Equity and Cash Flows.
- Contribute towards updating current accounting policies and assist in creating new policies to serve as guidance and drive uniformity across the global accounting organization.
- Assist with monitoring the accounting authorities (FASB, SEC, PCAOB, etc.) for the issuance of new standards to reporting requirements.
- Work closely with the external auditors to provide supporting documents related to financial reporting and technical accounting areas.
- Collaborate with department Director to present accounting matters to the Global Corporate Controller, Managing Director - Finance and/or CFO.
- Work in conjunction with the Human Capital department on the 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan audit and draft the financial statements as well as footnote disclosure.
- BS Degree in Accounting (MBA in Accounting or Finance a plus).
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
- Total experience of 5+ years. Professional services industry experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and SEC reporting compliance.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently, productively collaborating with relevant teams as necessary to manage priorities and meet deadlines.
- Capacity to work with cross-functional peers and other members of management.
- A positive outlook, a natural intellectual curiosity, and a drive for continuous improvement.
- Ability to be a creative business partner in supporting rapid growth.
- Good judgment and discretion.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and process improvement skills.
- Strong written, verbal communication, listening and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in PC based software/windows applications such as Microsoft Office products - Excel, Microsoft Outlook.
- Experience working in Workiva a plus.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Kroll is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.