Senior Revenue Specialist, Client AccountingJob ID 21005561 Morristown, New Jersey Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business.
We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
The Senior Revenue Specialist will be based in Morristown, NJ. This position will be focused on monthly revenue accounting to ensure accurate and timely recognition of transactions for our Corporate Finance business segment.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- Support the revenue recognition process end to end, including contract review, analyze and conclude on accounting treatment, support recording monthly revenue entries.
- Manage the books and records for the securities entities, ensure accuracy of the income statement and balance sheet monthly.
- Ensure compliance with Net Capital requirements determined by the SEC/FINRA on a regular basis.
- Maintain the Cash flow for the regulated securities entities.
- Review unbilled revenue for both operations and finance led billing to proactively address revenue cut-off issues.
- Partner with Managing Directors and cross-functional Finance teams on monthly close matters including preparation of topside journal entries for monthly revenue adjustments and researching gross margin variances.
- Follow up with Managing Directors to ensure full compliance with the certification of their quarterly revenue results.
- Review client contracts for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards.
- Maintain schedules for any external and internal referral, commissions and contractor accruals and payments.
- Compile and provide audit work papers and support as requested by internal and external auditors.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting required.
- CPA preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in public accounting and/or public company environment.
- Working knowledge ASC 606 – Revenue Recognition and Contracts with Customers.
- Understanding of internal controls.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and willing to roll up your sleeves.
- Ability to independently organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks and reach conclusions for recommendations.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines while maintaining a high-quality product.
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills required.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills, decision-making and judgment.
- Demonstrates accountability for personal work product.
- A positive outlook, a natural intellectual curiosity, and a drive for continuous improvement.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
All employees must comply with Kroll’s mandatory vaccination policy, subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
- Intern, Valuation Services Mexico City, Mexico
- Analyst, Fixed Asset Management & Insurance Solutions Los Angeles, California, United States
- Bid Manager II, Commercial Operations Singapore, Singapore
- Senior Software Engineer Hyderabad, India, Mumbai, India