Senior Manager, Functional Business ArchitectJob ID 21001273 Morristown, New Jersey Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business.
We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll has an opportunity for a skilled Functional Business Architect.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- Serve as the primary point of contact to business unit leaders during project ideation, implementation, and support.
- Create business architecture models demonstrating how products, operations and systems interoperate within the organization.
- Collaborating with the business, enterprise stakeholders and ideation team, create and present business case to obtain funding for software, data and process improvement projects.
- Work with various product owners building relationships that support new application and data initiatives.
- Ability to abstract what the business does into a coherent and cohesive business capability model.
- Ability to conceptualize and discuss complex cloud-first enterprise applications, specifically those in Azure.
- Ability to operate at a strategic level as well as drill down deep into project and process details.
- Communicate well with external vendors, internal business and technical teams including App Dev, InfoSec and Infrastructure.
- Able to conceptualize legal, risk and compliance constraints across the global organization and work with the business partners to work through solutions.
- Gather and document requirements, workflows and business processes understanding existing and exploring potential solutions.
- Partner with the business analysis team to document detailed functional specifications, working with the business to elicit, analyze and prioritize their business requirements while translating them into detailed specifications for development and data teams.
- Provide status updates to management and stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with U.S. and international teams including business analysts, product owners and implementation partners.
- Work collaboratively with application architects, data architects & security architects to develop enterprise architecture guidelines within and across the business units.
- Respond and deliver under pressure with great teamwork.
- 10+ years of overall experience across technology roles
- At least 3 years’ experience as a business strategist or business consultant with a focus on big picture enterprise solutions.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a technical leader across large application and data projects, preferably in the .Net stack.
- Broad understanding of entire SDLC, including ideation, UX, dev, QA, and release management.
- Experience with agile or scrum methodology and tools.
- Strategic thinker with the proven ability to identify opportunities, formulate supporting business cases and gain support from stakeholders.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of others and develop relationships across the organization including members of the C-suite.
- Personal skills to work with all levels of management at a technical and operations level.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clarity and precision in both written and verbal capacities, speaks and writes English clearly.
- Excellent team collaboration skills.
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams.
- Experience collaborating with peers and stakeholders across a business; proven ability to derive priority and meet delivery deadlines on time and on-quality.
- A thirst to work independently, creatively, and rigorously.
- Customer-driven, excel at finding value for the organization and customers.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with ability to multi-task.
- Loyal and committed to learning new technologies.
- Solid requirement gathering skills with attention to detail.
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes, and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance.
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies, and cross-silo redundancies
- Ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions.
- Experience with cloud-first enterprise applications.
- Experience working within SCRUM or Agile process methodologies.
- Regulatory compliance and/or financial services experience.
- Advanced computer literacy: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and database experience required.
- Familiarity with project management concepts, especially on IT related initiatives
- Familiarity with BI, advanced analytical concepts, and data lakes.
- Familiarity with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) platforms preferred.
- Passport and ability to travel internationally
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM field, business related discipline or relevant work experience
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
- Analyst, Transaction Advisory Services London, England
- Quantitative Finance Application Developer, Financial Instruments and Technology New York, New York
- Senior Software Engineer Morristown, New Jersey
- Corporate Counsel I Washington D.C., District of Columbia