Associate, Forensic Investigations and IntelligenceJob ID 21009064 Milan, Italy Apply now
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity—not just answers—in all areas of business.
We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll, you’ll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients’ most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll.
- Carry out secondary research by utilizing databases, public records, and OSINT tools.
- Examine and interpret the information obtained to produce in-depth and detail-orientated analysis, identifying further research that needs to be carried out and what leads need to be investigated.
- Provide effective feedback to the Case Manager in a logical and structured manner, identifying potential issues and inconsistencies.
- Analyse and interrogate large amounts of data (including financial data) and present findings coherently using the most appropriate software, including Excel and PowerPoint to provide diagrammatic and pictorial explanations.
- Write well-structured, logical and objective reports (in English and Italian) presenting the results of the research in a client focused manner and addressing the clients’ central questions and concerns.
- Monitor the quality of research and analysis on the case, ensuring that Kroll’s high standards are met each time.
- Organise case files, maintain accurate research records and record all billable costs.
- Identify own learning needs and opportunities and continuously seek to improve case-work performance.
- Strong academic background, preferably in the fields of Economics, Law, Security Studies, International Relations, International Business and Political Science.
- At least 2 years of experience in a reputable professional services firm, or from an investigative/research intensive organization or investigative journalism.
- Knowledge of financial audit techniques or a background in audit is a plus.
- Fluent in Italian and English both spoken and written essential.
- Fluency in a third European language is desirable, but not essential.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with proven experience in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with the ability to convert data and information to produce PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience in using data visualization tools.
- Excellent research, analytical and report writing skills in both Italian/English-language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities.
- Ability to work in fast-paced work environments with tight deadlines.
- A highly professional and commercial approach to problem solving.
- Professional certifications relevant to the industry are desirable, but not essential.
In order to be considered for a position, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.