Associate, Business Intelligence and InvestigationsJob ID 20001697 Mexico City, Mexico Apply now
Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps and part of the Governance, Risk, Investigations and Disputes business unit, is the leading global provider of risk solutions. For more than 45 years, Kroll has helped clients make confident risk management decisions about people, assets, operations and security through a wide range of investigations, cyber security, due diligence and compliance, physical and operational security, and data and information management services.
The Business Intelligence and Investigations practice at Kroll, a division of Duff & Phelps, consistently provides firms with the professional investigative consulting expertise necessary to resolve conflict through fact-finding and critical analysis. We have conducted thousands of investigations worldwide and have an unmatched track record of resolving disputes and working with in-house and outside counsel to successfully conduct and conclude internal or regulatory inquiries. Our experts help organizations with their critical fact finding when they need to conduct internal investigations or to examine allegations of wrongdoing. Whether or not actual misconduct is discovered, such inquiries, and their aftermath, can pose serious risks to companies and their stakeholders, damaging their reputation, disrupting their business operations and exposing them to government scrutiny, as well as to potential criminal, civil and regulatory liability. Kroll's investigative services and expertise have helped clients successfully resolve investigations promptly and with minimal business disruption.
The Associate, Business Intelligence & Investigations is responsible for conducting research and analysis, managing resources and preparing conclusions for clients. This role requires an imaginative and creative thinker with the ability to work to tight deadlines often balancing a significant and varied caseload. The incumbent will conduct in depth research for a wide range of clients across a variety of industries; providing clarity in report writing. The candidate must be able to demonstrate excellent judgment and be driven by professional excellence and a commitment to the Kroll brand. A key interest in due diligence, business intelligence, litigation support, business strategy and global events and markets is essential due to the range of cases that will be handled across various industry-sectors.
At Duff & Phelps, your work will help protect, restore and maximize value for our clients. Join us and together we’ll maximize the value of your career.
- Conducts research of companies, individuals, events, by using a wide array of sources: public databases, commercial and proprietary databases, and the internet
- Conducts research through interviews of sources identified
- Plans research time and tasks to meet objectives set by the project manager
- Develops an understanding of the strengths, appropriate uses and limitations of research tools and methods
- Identifies patterns, abnormalities and interprets their meaning within a context
- Organizes findings methodically to facilitate analysis and reporting
- Verifies and corroborates pertinent and noteworthy findings
- Identifies gaps and follows leads within parameters of objectives, timeframe and budget
- Presents accurate, relevant and robust findings to clients
- Demonstrates comfort with learning and using new technological tools and sources
- Bachelor’s Degree required, advanced degree preferred but not essential
- Extremely strong research and analytical skills with a demonstrated track record
- Excellent writing skills in English and Spanish, including ability to quickly and effectively summarize information from multiple sources into concise analytical assessments
- Ability to prioritize several projects and assignments on multiple topics while meeting tight deadlines
- Experience in business, law, investigations, compliance, business intelligence, investigative journalism, finance or due diligence is a plus but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills that help represent diverse communities
- Experience working with diverse teams
In order to be considered for a position at Duff & Phelps, you must formally apply via careers.duffandphelps.jobs
Duff & Phelps is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.
In order to be considered for a position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com
Duff & Phelps is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. We will not discriminate between applications for reason of gender, gender identity, race, religion, color, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, age or disability.
Explore Your Potential
Promote Program at Duff & Phelps
From investigations to compliance to cyber security, we provide services for organizations at every stage of their challenges.
How do we give our clients peace of mind? At Duff & Phelps, our disciplined thought process helps us dig deep to challenge assumptions.
Growth and You at Duff & Phelps
Our approach to ongoing education includes formal training curriculum and on-the-job learning.
Network of Women
Since 2012, Duff & Phelps' Network of Women (NOW) attracts, develops and retains women at all levels of the firm.
By entering your city, state and zip we can better target communications to your location.